News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Official Ticketmaster Strategy Thread

Started by bluecaravan521, October 14, 2008, 07:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluecaravan521

Alright everyone, it seems that for the most part we have failed.  That means we're going to have to be extra vigilant in our TM attempts- let's talk strategy.

I'm thinking this- get like three computers, even old ones, connect them all up in the same room, and have each person working the phone while using the internet.  Any other tips/tricks of the trade?

Also: On Ticketmaster, will there be a limit to the number of tickets one can purchase for each show like in the lottery?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

Gumbo72203

I would assume that there would be a limit of 2 tickets. 

is it really true that outlets aren't going to be selling to VA?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

McGrupp

Posted this in another topic -- hopefully it will help those trying to get tix online:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/07/30/how-to-get-tickets-for-any-ticketmaster-event/

Good luck
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Ri©h

I posted this in the other thread but not sure if anyone saw it...

I take it there's no way to bypass Ticketbastard and get tix from the Coliseum box office?  If so, that sucks.

bluecaravan521

Also another part to consider- we can't purchase all three nights at once? How do we circumvent this issue?
Nice link, thanks McGrupp

Anyone know of some proxy programs for Mac?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

rowjimmy

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

rowjimmy

drvinestein

One hand on the mouse, one hand on the phone.

matty76

One thing that has always worked for me in the past when dealing with TM, is to have your account already set up with your most recent credit card info, address, phone numbers, etc....   This helps you get through the people who don't have all that stuff faster.  

Then there is the buy tickets for another show method.  About 20 minutes before 10am est, you buy tickets for some other event (that you can sell on craigslist later)...then once you complete that transaction, as long as it is after 10am, it should guide you right to the area where you can buy Phish tix.  

Hope these ideas help!!!

Ri©h

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 14, 2008, 07:29:31 PM
No sales at the box office.

Weak.  It's really too bad that TM has such a monopoly on so many events. 

Gumbo72203

anyone have any idea if that method with using atomic time actually works?

and i just went to www.time.gov, and found otu that my computer is about a half-second behind the 'official' US time
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

PhishPhan

Quote from: bluecaravan521 on October 14, 2008, 07:22:31 PM
Also another part to consider- we can't purchase all three nights at once? How do we circumvent this issue?
Nice link, thanks McGrupp

Anyone know of some proxy programs for Mac?

I'm assuming they need a legit IP when you buy them. I tried requesting tickets off my phone and the page couldn't be displayed and I freaked out. I then got home and tried on my PC and it even said that they need to aquire an IP Address for you to be able to request tickets. I'm sure the same thing goes for buying tickets.

drvinestein

Yeah, how is it with trying to buy tix for the three events simultaneously?

I'll have the bride-to-be here on the 'puter with phone in hand and I'll be down the street doing the same.

If we get any extras, I'll trade 'em here with you folks or sell for face.

bluecaravan521

Yeah I figure if that's the case, I'll just lobby my friends to work for me.  If I can get 4 houses working simultaneously...maybe then I can get in.  But if this doesn't work and then no one here has any extras, there's no way I'm gonna be able to go...No way in HELL I'm paying $300/night