News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

It's official! Summer Tour 2012

Started by McGrupp, February 29, 2012, 12:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 18, 2012, 08:05:59 PM
Ftr, when I started seeing shows there were still kids showing up who were "ravers" with pacifiers and shit. They were there to take A and E and dance. I guarantee they weren't itching to hear tapes of the show again later. It was all about the scene for them in the early 90's. They eventually went away, but the point is that there have always been scenesters and music geeks and stat geeks and wastoids and frat boys and noobs and jaded vets and PTers and douchebags and kind hippies and townies and jocks and socs and paugers and girls who talk too much and kids who can't handle their liquor and pass out or puke... You get the point. 

"It's all the same, only the names will change
Everyday it seems we're wasting away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I'd drive all night just to get back home

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days
And the people I meet always go their separate ways
Sometimes you tell the day
By the bottle that you drink
And times when you're alone all you do is think"

i think that's the first time anyone has quoted bon jovi on this board.
well done, pie-guy.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 18, 2012, 09:35:38 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 18, 2012, 08:05:59 PM
Ftr, when I started seeing shows there were still kids showing up who were "ravers" with pacifiers and shit. They were there to take A and E and dance. I guarantee they weren't itching to hear tapes of the show again later. It was all about the scene for them in the early 90's. They eventually went away, but the point is that there have always been scenesters and music geeks and stat geeks and wastoids and frat boys and noobs and jaded vets and PTers and douchebags and kind hippies and townies and jocks and socs and paugers and girls who talk too much and kids who can't handle their liquor and pass out or puke... You get the point. 

"It's all the same, only the names will change
Everyday it seems we're wasting away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I'd drive all night just to get back home

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days
And the people I meet always go their separate ways
Sometimes you tell the day
By the bottle that you drink
And times when you're alone all you do is think"

i think that's the first time anyone has quoted bon jovi on this board.
well done, pie-guy.

I'm not even sure it's the first time I've quoted Bon Jovi, but I'll take the compliment.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

emay

PG droppin knowledge!  :clap:
Dig that bon jovi song too.

susep

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 19, 2012, 08:10:20 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 19, 2012, 01:08:33 AM
:clap: to PG.

That quote makes me miss Guy.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Yes, wish brother would make an appearance more often, but I suppose life gets busy.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 18, 2012, 02:23:13 PM
This whole argument of kids being at Phish shows solely for fun and drugs nowadays is so old.  I've talked to plenty of heads who were there in the mid-nineties and were dosing like it was their job.  I find it so exhausting hearing the same old shit of older fans vs. new fans.

funny thing is that it is exactly what i went through seeing the dead in the 90s.
at the time i couldnt care less though, and the majority of older heads didnt think comparing in a negative light different eras was even really necessary. unfortunately we do live in a different time now... an over-analyzed time.

really when it comes down to it the reasons a person goes to a show are their own and have nothing to do with the 'state' of the band.
to belabor the point- i probably went to more 90s dead shows for the 'music', whereas i went to early 90s phish shows more for the party, lol... so, basically polar opposites from how people would generalize both bands.

and thinking about PGs comments about the variety of people at shows. i think thats the beautiful thing of it all. really, personally i always tried to avoid judging anyones motivations for being at a show. its really about being in the moment, and what people experience when in the show or the lot, not what their motivations were before they ended up there.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Well put slim, I guess I've felt very much the same about other people and their personal experience with the band.  That is theirs and it really won't affect my outlook on any particular show.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.