News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Allen Iverson Traded

Started by ucusty, December 19, 2006, 11:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

Wow he's heading to Denver.  The Nuggets will be playoff force!
:beers:

susep

Quote from: VA slim on December 19, 2006, 04:31:43 PM
EHH... i agree, this isnt the best move for either the nuggs or AI, i dont see Denver makin much headway with this lineup... losing miller isnt going to help either-- both Melo and Iverson are primarily scorers, not assist guys... IMO they basically play the same position, though melo is technically a 3 i guess, they both paly the classic 2 style of game......

and altitudes are never easy for stars or anyone to adjust to any way.... AI aint goin to be able to play 48 without a rest in the mile high city...

ucusty

really.  well the melo suspension will benefit AI and Coach Carl  b/c it will give them personal time to learn the system

jedifunk

i just dont see how you can find enough shots for these 2 plus jr smith
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

Iverson is averaging 7.2 assists/game this season, not too shabby.

But I would expect that Melo's scoring avg. will drop a bit.  If Karl work's AI into his system properly it shouldn't really matter though.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ucusty

it is the only the 3rd time in NBA history that the #1 & #2 scorer's are on the same team.  It last happened in the 50's  I think the nugs will be unstopable, esp. if the can stay healthy after the suspensions

ucusty

iverson was ejected last night against the sixers.  1 assist and 5 rebounds short of a triple double
look out for those nugs