News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Special Counsel investigation

Started by Thrillhouse, September 21, 2018, 06:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrillhouse

Was digging around and couldn't find a thread just about the Mueller investigation. Todays big headline is here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html

It should be noted that Rosenstein almost NEVER responds to articles that come out against him, but today he felt so compelled and said:

"The New York Times's story is inaccurate and factually incorrect," he said in a statement. "I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment."

My take away is this:  I realize it comes across as a bit conspiracy theory, but it seems pretty obvious this is a hit piece to give the President "cause" for his firing. Even as I am writing this there are articles showing up about who is expected to take over the Special Counsel.

STAY TUNED FOLKS!

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

gah

This is still going on?  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

jk, that's cool to have it's own thread. but I'm pretty sure the adventures in communications thread was had become the primary can-you-believe-this-fucking-bullshit-here thread...

I honestly stopped paying attention to that nonsense about 6 months ago, cause it seems like it's never ending and incredibly slow moving.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

ytowndan

Quote from: gah on September 24, 2018, 03:28:55 PM

jk, that's cool to have it's own thread. but I'm pretty sure the adventures in communications thread was had become the primary can-you-believe-this-fucking-bullshit-here thread...

I honestly stopped paying attention to that nonsense about 6 months ago, cause it seems like it's never ending and incredibly slow moving.

I haven't so much tuned out as much as I've become numb.  Part of the reason, I believe, that the political threads are so dead around here is that, yes, yes we can believe it.  It doesn't matter what you're about to tell us -- however seemingly shocking, disgusting and/or treasonous -- our response is, "yeah, that sounds about right." Or at least that's my response.  Maybe I shouldn't presume to speak for everyone, but I don't think I have what it takes to be genuinely surprised at this president anymore (excepting certain things like murder or perhaps some kind of hardcore pedophilia).  There's just, simply put, no longer a bar to be lowered, that's how fucking low we are, and it's entirely the Republican Party's fault for not nipping this in the bud.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Basically, this is all the new normal in Putin's America.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: ytowndan on September 24, 2018, 06:16:12 PM
There's just, simply put, no longer a bar to be lowered, that's how fucking low we are

Yeah, that pretty much sums up how I feel.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

I haven't so much tuned out as much as I've become numb.  Part of the reason, I believe, that the political threads are so dead around here is that, yes, yes we can believe it.  It doesn't matter what you're about to tell us -- however seemingly shocking, disgusting and/or treasonous -- our response is, "yeah, that sounds about right." Or at least that's my response.  Maybe I shouldn't presume to speak for everyone, but I don't think I have what it takes to be genuinely surprised at this president anymore (excepting certain things like murder or perhaps some kind of hardcore pedophilia).  There's just, simply put, no longer a bar to be lowered, that's how fucking low we are, and it's entirely the Republican Party's fault for not nipping this in the bud.

Democrats stacked the election for the most unlikeable candidate in history and literally the only person who could lose to Trump. And also promoted him during primaries cause it would be such an "easy" victory. So not sure this last bit holds up.

I share your numbness at the sheer stupidity of it all tho. Every day is stupider than the last.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

ytowndan

Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 25, 2018, 09:06:23 AM

Democrats stacked the election for the most unlikeable candidate in history and literally the only person who could lose to Trump. And also promoted him during primaries cause it would be such an "easy" victory. So not sure this last bit holds up.

I share your numbness at the sheer stupidity of it all tho. Every day is stupider than the last.

Well, first, Hillary was infinitely better than Trump and, considering that she actually won the election, the people agreed.  But this isn't about her or the DNC, because Trump is not a Democrat.  It's about how the GOP has had endless opportunities (starting with their convention) to do the right thing but refused each and every time.  They're now the proud owners of Donald J. Trump and all he represents, and they have no one to blame but themselves.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mattstick

So unlikeable that she got 3+ million more votes and Russian interference in 3 key states was required to swing the electoral college to Putin's asset.

Your talking points are kinda bullshit and if you believe that shit you're probably part of the problem.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 24, 2018, 10:07:16 PM
There's just, simply put, no longer a bar to be lowered, that's how fucking low we are

Yeah, that pretty much sums up how I feel.

yup.

Quote from: mattstick on September 25, 2018, 10:18:02 AM
So unlikeable that she got 3+ million more votes and Russian interference in 3 key states was required to swing the electoral college to Putin's asset.

Your talking points are kinda bullshit and if you believe that shit you're probably part of the problem.

and yup.

Hicks

Hillarys performance in the general election is pretty indefensible IMO.

It should have never been that close. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

^^
agreed, a perfect storm

but yes, GOP leadership hasn't had the balls to stand up to the donald.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

jam>

I'm not sure what she did that was so indefensible. Seemed like she ran a smooth campaign to me. Still, she was unlikeable. I have trouble finding baby boomer democrat women who liked her at all.

gah

There's no point in rehashing the election and what should have have happened. That's over.

The problem is the stupidity that we have to deal with on a daily basis now, and this:
Quote from: slslbs on September 25, 2018, 11:17:31 AM
^^
agreed, a perfect storm

but yes, GOP leadership hasn't had the balls to stand up to the donald.