News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

barnesy305

twatts

http://www.cinnamonchallenge.com/

People are so freekin' stupid...  Hilarious videos though...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

natronzero

Pink Floyd guitarist, wife evacuated after WWII-era bomb found near mansion

QuoteWorkers renovating David Gilmour's home discover unexploded device
By Ethan Sacks / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour and his wife were briefly forced to "Run Like Hell" - after a bomb scare involving a World War II era German device was found under their mansion.

The drama unfolded when the device was unearthed during renovations of the couple's six-story East Sussex mansion in southern England Thursday, forcing a brief evacuation of the premises, Classic Rock magazine reported.

"They've found a bomb under our building site – we think it's a bit of old pip but the Ministry of Defence are on their way," Gilmour's wife, Polly Sampson, tweeted.

Sampson posted a shot of the rusty cigar-shaped device on her Twitter feed on Friday.

The device, a five-foot long bomb, was eventually removed by a Navy bomb disposal team without any injuries - or dislodging another brick in the wall.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

PIE-GUY

In case you though you lived somewhere cool... it will never be as cool as New York City. New York City wins every time...

http://boingboing.net/2012/05/29/how-to-experience-manhattanhe.html

How to: Experience Manhattanhenge

By Maggie Koerth-Baker at 5:45 am Tuesday, May 29

Step 1, naturally, is to be in Manhattan.

I'm in New York City today and Scientific American contributing editor Steven Ashley was kind enough to reminded me that my visit is coinciding with Manhattanhenge—a twice-a-year event when the sun lines up with Manhattan's street grid. This year, there will be a Manhattanhenge on May 29/30 and another on July 11/12.

You'll note that Manhattanhenge does not actually occur on the same day as the solstice—when the Sun is at the highest point in the sky and the length of the day begins to get either longer (winter solstice) or shorter (summer solstice). That's because Manhattan's grid is rotated 30 degrees east off of true north, writes Neil deGrasse Tyson on the Hayden Planetarium website. That's enough to make Manhattanhenge less astronomically accurate than Stonehenge. But it's still awfully nifty and is supposed to look really, really cool.

Tonight's event should start around 8:17 pm (Eastern time, of course). Here's Neil deGrasse Tyson's advice on getting a good view:

For best effect, position yourself as far east in Manhattan as possible. But ensure that when you look west across the avenues you can still see New Jersey. Clear cross streets include 14th, 23rd, 34th. 42nd, 57th, and several streets adjacent to them. The Empire State building and the Chrysler building render 34th street and 42nd streets especially striking vistas.

Note that any city crossed by a rectangular grid can identify days where the setting Sun aligns with their streets. But a closer look at such cities around the world shows them to be less than ideal for this purpose. Beyond the grid you need a clear view to the horizon, as Manhattan has across the Hudson River to New Jersey. And tall buildings that line the streets create a vertical channel to frame the setting Sun, creating a striking photographic opportunity.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Igbo

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on May 29, 2012, 09:12:05 AM
http://www.cinnamonchallenge.com/

People are so freekin' stupid...  Hilarious videos though...

Terry

Had 2 coworkers do this at work on time. Had to practically beg to keep their jobs.

Gundo

mistercharlie

Bath Salts are a helluva drug.

When I read the story three days ago they were saying that the guy was on coke. And those pics only manage to make the story that much more frightening.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Quote from: EdBanky on May 30, 2012, 02:15:23 AM
IT'S GOING DOWN! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/26/miami-police-confrontation-men-leaves-1-dead-1-hurt/

NSFW:
http://imgur.com/a/gX63I

I'm buying a gun next paycheck.

* makes note not to respond to any Miami craigslist "Casual Encounters" ads for a while *
Is this still Wombat?

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

QuoteThe following originally appeared as winners of a
"Worst Analogies ever written in a High School Essay Contest"
in the Washington Post Style Invitational"

He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.
Joseph Romm, Washington

She caught your eye like one of those pointy hook latches that used to dangle from screen doors and would fly up whenever you banged the door open again.
Rich Murphy, Fairfax Station

The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
Russell Beland, Springfield

McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty Bag filled with vegetable soup.
Paul Sabourin, Silver Spring

From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in another city and "Jeopardy" comes on at 7 p.m. instead of 7:30.
Roy Ashley, Washington

Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.
Chuck Smith, Woodbridge

Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.

Bob was as perplexed as a hacker who means to access T:flw.quid55328.com\aaakk/ch@ung but gets T:\flw.quidaaakk/ch@ung by mistake
Ken Krattenmaker, Landover Hills

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
Unknown

He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree.
Jack Bross, Chevy Chase

The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.
Gary F. Hevel, Silver Spring

Her date was pleasant enough, but she knew that if her life was a movie this guy would be buried in the credits as something like "Second Tall Man."

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.
Jennifer Hart, Arlington

The politician was gone but unnoticed, like the period after the Dr. on a Dr Pepper can.
Wayne Goode, Madison, Ala.

They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan's teeth
Paul Kocak, Syracuse, N.Y.

John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.

The thunder was ominous-sounding, much like the sound of a thin sheet of metal being shaken backstage during the storm scene in a play.
Barbara Fetherolf, Alexandria

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free
Chuck Smith, Woodbridge

The red brick wall was the color of a brick-red Crayola crayon.
Unknown
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

ytowndan

A good majority of those almost sound like outtake lines from a Naked Gun movie. 

I can totally hear Leslie Nielsen describing his love interest, "Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.  And her eyes, ahh yes, her eyes. . . they were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  We were out on this little boat, it drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't."
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Superfreakie

Quote from: ytowndan on June 02, 2012, 01:04:34 AM
A good majority of those almost sound like outtake lines from a Naked Gun movie. 

I can totally hear Leslie Nielsen describing his love interest, "Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.  And her eyes, ahh yes, her eyes. . . they were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  We were out on this little boat, it drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't."

HOLY SHIT!! Totally.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

twatts

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 02, 2012, 01:19:58 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on June 02, 2012, 01:04:34 AM

HOLY SHIT!! Totally.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Wow!  You're right!  LOL!

----------------------

I want super-human will