News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

05/28 - Bethel Center for the Arts - Bethel NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, May 28, 2011, 11:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Phish - 05/282011 - Bethel Woods Center for the Arts - Bethel, NY

Set I:  Theme from the Bottom, NICU, Cities, Halley's Comet > Runaway Jim, Gumbo, Quinn the Eskimo > Limb by Limb, Horn, Bathtub Gin > Manteca > Bathtub Gin

Set II:  Down with Disease > Free, Backwards Down the Number Line, Makisupa Policeman* -> Harry Hood, Cavern, David Bowie

E:  A Day in the Life

*With lyrics referencing several band members' houses (and Trey's favorite show, House).

fauxpaxfauxreal

My thoughts are that everything up until Hood was fairly fucking awesome.  Numberline, Makisupa, Gin, Jim and the Halley's are all fantastic.

Hood and Bowie will receive some residual fluff, because of this.

Great show, but still not up to the bands full potential.

I give it a "B".

phil

gotta be optimistic about the direction they're heading. We've been hearing some very encouraging stuff imo.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Poster Nutbag

Another solid show tonight, The first set looks nice!! can't wait to give it a full listen through...

and on another note check out Umphrey's on iclips...

http://www.iclips.net/watch/summer-camp-2011
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Play_It_Leo

The little bit I heard via stream (from Makisupa onward) sounded positive for the overall direction of the band. More patience, a little more interplay, continuing to have fun on stage. Really enjoyed some of these jams, looking forward to checking out the whole show tomorrow.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

mbw

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on May 28, 2011, 11:38:26 PM
The little bit I heard via stream (from Makisupa onward) sounded positive for the overall direction of the band. More patience, a little more interplay, continuing to have fun on stage. Really enjoyed some of these jams, looking forward to checking out the whole show tomorrow.

what shows are you hittin, dude?

Undermind

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on May 28, 2011, 11:37:11 PM
Another solid show tonight, The first set looks nice!! can't wait to give it a full listen through...

enjoying it alot
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on May 28, 2011, 11:41:48 PM
Quote from: Play_It_Leo on May 28, 2011, 11:38:26 PM

what shows are you hittin, dude?

I'll likely sit out this year unless there's some surprise shows in the fall. Kid #3 and some major house renovations aren't going to leave a lot of time or $. A show at DC would've been a possibility, but as it stands, I'll be hoping Trey or Mike swing by St. Louis again later this year.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

khalpin

Quote from: Undermind on May 28, 2011, 11:44:02 PM
Quote from: Poster Nutbag on May 28, 2011, 11:37:11 PM

enjoying it alot
Same here!

Undermind

Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

emay

Undermind

Undermind

Undermind