News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Anthony Bourdain

Started by Buffalo Budd, June 08, 2018, 07:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Bobafett

Pretty crazy.  I've always respected him and while he wasn't cuttin the culinary world apart with new foods, he was all in for uncovering hidden and misunderstood cultures. 
I'm sorry that Eric Ripert was the one who found him, as he found his father after committing suicide when he was a young boy.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mattstick

:(

He was so great on the early seasons of Top Chef and Parts Unknown was always so good.

ytowndan

That's a shame.  :-(

I really only know him from Parts Unknown, but he was great on it. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

That IS sad, if it was an apparent suicide especially. I always enjoyed his explorations of cultures through food.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

Very sad. Such an inspiration to many

National Suicide Prevention Hotline:1-800-273-8255

Caravan2001

My friend was the editor of all those shows and I watched several of them.  I used to like him and then when he went on that rant about how Phish sucks I stopped.  Still sad though.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Damn, I always like him. RIP.
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

this one really bums me out.
always been a big bourdain fan. used to watch no reservations religiously.
i always related to his real restaurant worker / former addict/ NYC perspective.
so much about him was a part of me too.  :cry:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

pcr3

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 08, 2018, 10:54:39 AM
My friend was the editor of all those shows and I watched several of them.  I used to like him and then when he went on that rant about how Phish sucks I stopped.  Still sad though.

Interesting...one of my best friends in the world produced Parts Unknown until he left CNN. He's devastated, as he and AB were going to discuss a new project when AB returned from France.

RIP. I really enjoyed his work.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sls.stormyrider

This sucks
I've liked him ever since I read Kitchen Confidential. He had such a great, entertaining way of putting things. Loved Parts Unkonw, too. I was planning to watch a few eps to plan an upcoming vaca

RIP
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

Quote from: pcr3 on June 08, 2018, 01:20:12 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 08, 2018, 10:54:39 AM

Interesting...one of my best friends in the world produced Parts Unknown until he left CNN. He's devastated, as he and AB were going to discuss a new project when AB returned from France.

RIP. I really enjoyed his work.

I'm sure he knows my two friends then.  They both have worked on his shows for 10 years.