News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Awards 2007

Started by redrum, August 18, 2007, 02:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

incase anyone missed this in the suggestion box, i'll re-post it here:

Quote from: reddrum on August 18, 2007, 12:15:04 PM
so i know it's already been metioned but the more i think about it, it could be really fun to have the "First Annual Paug Awards 2007" by the end of the year.
it could be our annual new years bash here at the paug. maybe the mods would want to be the judges or everyone could just submit votes.
and some categories could be:

-Best/Worst Post
-Most Posts
-Funniest Posts
-Longest Post
-Biggest Post Whore
-Most Time Logged In
-Best Links
-Best/Worst Pics Posted
-Best/Worst Poll
-Most/Best Threads Started
-Best Seeder
-Best Newbie
-Most Violent Hazing
-Most Donation$
-Most Emoticon User
-Best/Worst Screen Name
-Best Ideas for Paug Awards  :wink:

thoughts, suggestions, comments??

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Caravan2001

yeah, I remember suggesting this in some other thread...I think it could be pretty funny....I was going to start the thread, but couldn't figure out the best way to do the voting- what do you guys think is the best way to tally the votes?  I think all members should submit votes, but I'm not sure the easiest way to count them....do we do nominations (pick one of these three for best post) or do we leave it random?  I think nominations would be the easiest, maybe we can set up some kind of ballot (can we do that Tet?)

Bobafett

don't forget the biggest douche award.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

nab

We should vote poll style, maybe even set up a different forum topic to serve as a header for all the different categories/topics.

Edit: Another thing to consider would be criteria for each of the voting categories. 

What is a newbie?  (although I signed up in late 05, I didn't get active here until Oct 06, thats less than a year, Am I still a newbie.  Or on the other hand, someone shows up with a great number of uncirculated shows in the bittorrent postings forum (as their first posts) are they a shoe in for best newbie and best seeder, when compared to people like august who shares on a consistent basis. 

A big one: What's post whoring?  By whose criteria?

Longest posts, do we need to really vote on this one gumbo?

Most Posts:  Again, why vote, everyone knows who has the most posts

Best Seeder:  Who is the best seeder, the ones who consistently share or the ones who post the one show you need.  What about the hub?  khanti has got us all there in amount of shows available.  Is he or is he not the best seeder?  And again, see best newbie.

Most Donations:  I don't want to know who gives to the paug the most.  A donation is what it is, a donation.  Lets keep that between tet and the sender.

I could go on and on, but my main point is that some of the categories suggested are too subjective.  I like the idea of a paug award, but we need to get trough a lot of discussion first.  By then, there will be not doubt about whither or not any of us are up for the best newbie award.

jephrey

I kind of agree with you nab, but I think that nominations will help sort out most things though.  It'll be subjective, but if many people vote, they each can vote on their own criteria (whether that be getting the one show you want posted or the guy who consistently shares, or the newbie who comes out on fire).  The donation one is fine, IMO, but I wouldn't put an amount on it, just like a plaque of donors with the biggest giver at the top.  I think that could even have a positive effect on others and getting them to donate.
J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

nab

Yeah, maybe you're right.  Talking about donating, got me to do it again.  Maybe we all need a reminder.  But I really don't want to know who is the biggest giver, I'm just glad that the greatest goddamn site on the net is still here.  Thanks tet (and everyone else who makes this happen)!

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

August

Name:  reddrum
Position:  Sharing In The Groove
Date Registered:  April 03, 2007, 10:06:59 PM

Biggest n00b award.
Haven't even been here half a year and starting threads like this...
sheEsH!

All the good posts happen in the Winter months.
a

Caravan2001

Quote from: Bobafett on August 18, 2007, 11:22:49 PM

Should I be offended that this post is immediately following one of mine?  :|

PhishJY

Quote from: Bobafett on August 18, 2007, 11:22:49 PM

RJ crowns the champion in this category.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

Red Sea Pedestrian

I'd say random nominations, and then take those who were nominated the most and make them the finalists.

I think I'm a shoe in for drunkest poster, and maybe a nomination for biggest douche, if not the coveted title itself (I swear I won't drink and post ever again).

tet

and FYI, all donations shall remain anonymous unless the donor requests otherwise
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

I would add a category for best tech support

and one for coolest member over 40 :wink:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

drvinestein

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.