News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2015

Started by antelope19, March 30, 2015, 09:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Less than 1 week!!!!!!!!!!

:beers:

:banana:

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

^ YES

:beerbang: :rawk: :beerbang: :beers: :beerbang: :rawk:

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

DoW

The real opening day is one of my favorite days of the year.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mattstick

Any other AL East teams need their home opener spoiled?

Buffalo Budd

75% sure I saw mattstick on his way to the Blue Jays home opener as I was driving back to my hotel.
Wish I had known that was happening tonight, took me an hr to move 6 km into downtown.  :frustrated:
Probably would have bought tickets too.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Jays home opener is for n00bs, I'm going later in the week when they don't have a 30-minute pregame ceremony and there are 30,000 fewer people.

zimbra

Finally caught my first game of the season today.. Astro's vs A's.  While I'm not a major fan of either (Go Rangers) my dad is a huge A's fan and I live in Houston now so it was still a lot of fun.  Weather was perfect and there were $1 hotdogs all game!  Baseball is here!!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

pcr3

I was treated by one of my vendors to great tickets behind the visitor's dugout at Fenway tonight. We were treated to a thrilling walkoff victory by the Sox. It was so rejuvenating to be back in the stadium after this winter.

God I love baseball.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

DoW

I'll get my comment in while I can, Mets look damn good so far.
with Harvey, de Grom and Colon as a great top 3 and Niese and Gee can be at least .500 pitchers or better.  this team can make some noise this year.

Augustus

mattstick

http://andrewstoeten.com/2015/04/21/jays-take-out-the-trash-13-6-game-fourteen-thoughts/

Jays Take Out The Trash 13-6: Game Fourteen Thoughts

QuoteDid someone say something about trash birds?

The shitheel Baltimore Orioles, a living, breathing, 25-man avatar for the pile of human garbage posing as their manager, Buck Showalter, got their shit-brains knocked out, metaphorically, by the Toronto Blue Jays tonight, and so like so many petty losers before them, decided to try and actually get physical with the Jays.

In another slice of baseball's ongoing real-funny-until-someone-gets-his-brain-scrambled-or-worse stupidity with players whipping balls dangerously close to one another, Rule 5 pitcher Jason Garcia, playing the part of overzealous goon trying to impress the coaches at a hockey training camp, did what he surely thought Showalter would have wanted and threw behind Jose Bautista's back after allowing a Josh Donaldson double to start the bottom of the seventh of a game that was, at that point, 11-4.

Dumb.

And dumber still because Jose is fucking awesome. A couple pitches later and he homered — just like he did when shitbag Oriole Darren O'Day threw behind him last week — and pimped the home run like a man who had just almost been intentionally maimed while playing a damn game of baseball should. He admired his shot, flipped his bat, shouted at second baseman Ryan Flaherty, glared at the dung piles in the Orioles dugout, then celebrated with his teammates like the ball he knocked out of the yard (again) had been hit directly into the souls of the cheapjack little shits who threw at him for no good goddamned reason.

Then, when Jose took the field for the eighth, Showalter, dipshit Adam Jones, and others didn't seem to think he had been respectful enough by not sombrely circling the bases and declining to brush off the fact that the fuckhead Orioles were back in the business of throwing at players who were getting the best of them, like a bunch of little shithead Machado-inspired children. Wahhh, fuckfaces.

Then, because he is a fucking boss and not intimidated by the horseshitting Baltimores or their manager's sad old man thuggery, when Delmon Young stung one to right field, Jose charged it, trying to throw Young out at first — and nearly did so, much to the chagrin of the idiot Orioles and their idiot announcers, who apparently felt he was hot dogging out there, and were more concerned about this than pointing out the crass and ugly stupidity of their team in trying to maim this guy yet again.

Dumb as fuck.

Don't throw at people intentionally. Ever. But here's a pro tip, Orioles: maybe especially don't throw at Jose.

pcr3

Quote from: mattstick on April 22, 2015, 12:00:05 PM

http://andrewstoeten.com/2015/04/21/jays-take-out-the-trash-13-6-game-fourteen-thoughts/

Jays Take Out The Trash 13-6: Game Fourteen Thoughts

QuoteDid someone say something about trash birds?

The shitheel Baltimore Orioles, a living, breathing, 25-man avatar for the pile of human garbage posing as their manager, Buck Showalter, got their shit-brains knocked out, metaphorically, by the Toronto Blue Jays tonight, and so like so many petty losers before them, decided to try and actually get physical with the Jays.

In another slice of baseball's ongoing real-funny-until-someone-gets-his-brain-scrambled-or-worse stupidity with players whipping balls dangerously close to one another, Rule 5 pitcher Jason Garcia, playing the part of overzealous goon trying to impress the coaches at a hockey training camp, did what he surely thought Showalter would have wanted and threw behind Jose Bautista's back after allowing a Josh Donaldson double to start the bottom of the seventh of a game that was, at that point, 11-4.

Dumb.

And dumber still because Jose is fucking awesome. A couple pitches later and he homered — just like he did when shitbag Oriole Darren O'Day threw behind him last week — and pimped the home run like a man who had just almost been intentionally maimed while playing a damn game of baseball should. He admired his shot, flipped his bat, shouted at second baseman Ryan Flaherty, glared at the dung piles in the Orioles dugout, then celebrated with his teammates like the ball he knocked out of the yard (again) had been hit directly into the souls of the cheapjack little shits who threw at him for no good goddamned reason.

Then, when Jose took the field for the eighth, Showalter, dipshit Adam Jones, and others didn't seem to think he had been respectful enough by not sombrely circling the bases and declining to brush off the fact that the fuckhead Orioles were back in the business of throwing at players who were getting the best of them, like a bunch of little shithead Machado-inspired children. Wahhh, fuckfaces.

Then, because he is a fucking boss and not intimidated by the horseshitting Baltimores or their manager's sad old man thuggery, when Delmon Young stung one to right field, Jose charged it, trying to throw Young out at first — and nearly did so, much to the chagrin of the idiot Orioles and their idiot announcers, who apparently felt he was hot dogging out there, and were more concerned about this than pointing out the crass and ugly stupidity of their team in trying to maim this guy yet again.

Dumb as fuck.

Don't throw at people intentionally. Ever. But here's a pro tip, Orioles: maybe especially don't throw at Jose.

I totally agree with this post.  Fuck Buck and his band of tools.  At the game I went to last Friday, Jimenez threw at Sandoval's head because he slid hard (and totally legally) into 2nd base earlier in the game.  No excuse for ever throwing at a guy's head.

DoW

I don't know if I agree with the line not to throw at anyone intentionally ever.  I agree with not throwing at anyone's head.
Baseball has always had the unwritten rule to settle the score on the field.
Harvey threw at Utley a week or two ago and hit him in the back. This was after Philly hit 2 Mets, knocking their cleanup hitter out of the game.  Utley took it like a man and went to 1st base and his post game comments were that he'd been hit before.  it was no big deal.  there was no carryover the next game.

I don't think it should carry over as much as some of these divas do nowadays but some games it is handled like professionals and is part of baseball.