News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

anyone keeping up with teh PUBG phenominon?
pretty crazy how its taken off.
could be huge boost to xbox when they get it first on console.

VA $l!m

thought of RJ when i saw this game.
just released on PC, but a console version is coming at some point...
if you're into  turn based fantasy rpgs this game looks amazing and it is getting really good reviews.

rowjimmy

Yep the looks like a good one for me.
Neck deep in Skyrim for now and I can see how some people play it forever...

VA $l!m

battlefront 2 maps confirmed. 11 at launch.
-stoked to see some of the original battlefront 2 locations coming back- Kasshyk , Kamino, death star

VA $l!m

VA $l!m

just a heads up - the Battlefront 2 open beta runs from OCt 6-9. early access for preorders starting the 4th.

tet

Quote from: VA $l!m on September 25, 2017, 06:44:58 PM
just a heads up - the Battlefront 2 open beta runs from OCt 6-9. early access for preorders starting the 4th.

I'll be on the open beta - not preordering an EA game ever again!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on September 26, 2017, 12:02:36 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on September 25, 2017, 06:44:58 PM

I'll be on the open beta - not preordering an EA game ever again!
lol, yeah, sadly the same could be said about everything published by  Ea,activision, blizzard, ubisoft... ALL of the big publishers. the entire industry is fcuked, theres no getting around it.
its why theres such a shakeup with the status quo currently.
In fact Battlefront 2 might really be th ewatershed moment that shifts everything for good depending on the outcome of their new AAA strategy which basically is doing away with the season pass model and going whole hog microtransaction.
i mean its literally hanging over the edge as far as they can go without saying its fully a P2W model.
you will be able to buy 'gamble' loot boxes that include gameplay altering upgrades, NOT just cosmetics.
-This is the tradeoff though for a non-season pass/ split content up model.
there has to be a reckoning at some point if gamers cant realize that base games still cost the same they did 20 years ago yet the companies are spending twice/.three times as much to make them.

anyway... i digress,. Battlefront 2 is going to be sickness... i no longer give a fuck about what 'model', or what publisher makes these games. fuck the industry, i trust the DEvs- DICE still makes amazing games and this thing looks to be a masterpiece.

heres the new trailer/info dump from today. game is going to be massive compared to the original.
funny thing is i thought the original was good. most people these days just expect too much from AAA games IMHO. it was a very solid base game. the dlcs werent anything to write home about and season pass models suck b/c it splits the playerbase / queues, which is the main reason they are getting rid of it.

VA $l!m

heres a good video i watched recently on the current state of the AAA game market.

VA $l!m

stoked i finally got an external hd for my ps4... just gonna take forever to re-dl all my games tho, lol

VA $l!m

more SWBF2- spoiler--cutscene from the campaign. pretty nice. Just realized the lead character is the Shifter chick from True BLood, lol.
anyway, looks great. Even though it'll be a short campaign since this is mostly a MP game i think it'lll be fun and a cool addition to the cannon.. DICE killed it with their last campaign in Battlefield 1,,, imo their best campaign ever.
along with co-op and split screeen arcade they def. made the effort this time around to fill in the game for people that arent 100% MP people.

ph92

Quote from: VA $l!m on September 28, 2017, 05:15:27 PM
stoked i finally got an external hd for my ps4... just gonna take forever to re-dl all my games tho, lol
oh dude you should have just upgraded your internal drive! Internal storage is really cheap, and it's just one screw and reinstalling the software to do. Super easy. The reason being that SATA (internal HDD) is faster than. USB
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

VA $l!m

Quote from: ph92 on October 01, 2017, 12:11:51 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on September 28, 2017, 05:15:27 PM
oh dude you should have just upgraded your internal drive! Internal storage is really cheap, and it's just one screw and reinstalling the software to do. Super easy. The reason being that SATA (internal HDD) is faster than. USB
yeah, theyve actually tested it and externals are actually faster now than the internals, lol.
apparently external ssd's are th fastest but thats a minimal diff for the massive difference in price. 
and all of that is just load times anyway which i could care less about. there is no effect on gameplay with usb 3.0.

VA $l!m

in case you didnt see this @ E3, ANthem is bioware's 'destiny-clone' . serious eye candy when it gets to the gameplay demo a couple minutes in.