News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Black Crowes thread

Started by VA $l!m, March 22, 2006, 07:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 23, 2006, 06:41:00 AM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 23, 2006, 12:24:18 AM
Just not a fan!  AND DAMMIT THAT'S TWICE!

"Hi, my name is mopper_smurf and I am a Black Crowes fan."
"Hi, mopper_smurf."

Got tix for all three Amsterdam gigs! Ahhehehehhehehehehehaaaaaaagggggggggggggrh!!!!!!!

Ahem, no more black coffee for me today.

hell yeah bro!

seriously people need to wise up.
the crowes are on a freakin rampage!
i've DLed every show posted so far from 06.
if anybody really wants to, i would send them some Freebies of 05 shows, or even some 96-97 or whatever.

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

Quote from: slslbs on March 23, 2006, 04:10:48 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 23, 2006, 10:10:00 AM
Short clip of the 03/22 show here:

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/werksman/archive/2006/03/23/83376.aspx
Thanks - Yer Blues- Awesome :-) :-)
:mrgreen:

get your earplugs out if your over 50!
those marshalls are in full effect!! :-o

hell yeah thanks for the link!

the paradiso looks like the coolest place. 8-)

tet

gotta love a band where each member has double Marshall stacks, all cranked up to 11.  honestly, is there any other way? :-D

2005 Crowes shows were among the best i've ever seen or heard, glad i got to the NYE show with a bunch of friends -- a complete blast!!!  i just got word that the new DVD is unbelievable, i'll have to pick that up soon.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mopper_smurf

Just put up a podcast of the first ever European TBC show (1990/06/04). Yeah, I was there and became a fan instantly:

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/werksman/archive/2006/03/24/83481.aspx

I have hopped back on as a seed for the show over at bt.etree.org:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=23559

Come and get it!
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on March 23, 2006, 11:21:26 PM
gotta love a band where each member has double Marshall stacks, all cranked up to 11.  honestly, is there any other way? :-D

2005 Crowes shows were among the best i've ever seen or heard, glad i got to the NYE show with a bunch of friends -- a complete blast!!!  i just got word that the new DVD is unbelievable, i'll have to pick that up soon.

the DVD is sweet!! 8-)
only $12, can't pass it up!

cleech74

I have not seen the Black Crowes since the HORDE Tour in 1996.  Nissan Pavillion, and they killed it!  8-)

I got to see Chris Robinson with Phil and Friends, at the Patriot Centre 12-2-05.  Great show.

They are headlining the All Good Fest in July, gots my ticket ready.  They have been working it hard for the last year or so, I can't wait to see them, again.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

VA $l!m

Quote from: cleech74 on March 25, 2006, 12:07:22 AM
I have not seen the Black Crowes since the HORDE Tour in 1996.  Nissan Pavillion, and they killed it!  8-)

I got to see Chris Robinson with Phil and Friends, at the Patriot Centre 12-2-05.  Great show.

They are headlining the All Good Fest in July, gots my ticket ready.  They have been working it hard for the last year or so, I can't wait to see them, again.

96 was a defnitive year for the crowes.
i forget how many, but they did an insane amount of shows that year. the fall tour project just finished up back in jan. and most of those shows are off the hinges.

unfortunately i missed my opportunity to see them last year.
last time i saw them was during the crowes-J.page shows...2000???

Cleech, have you checked out some of the last year's shows?

VA $l!m

another show from there historic 97 european tour.
this show along with the 19th and 20th are MUST haves.(shows to follow-project 97 underway)
highly recommmended. 8-)

2-17-97
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=23819

VA $l!m

along with the next night, possibly two of the bands greatest performances of their career.
this one features more uncharted jams and segues than a normal BC show, and might be of interest to folks who usually avoid the crowes b/c they don't think they jam enough...
a 'must have', in my book.
get it! :mrgreen:

2-19-97
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=24155

susep

The Black Crowes
February 17, 1997
E-Werk
Koln, Germany

Interesting Slim that they were touring the continent when Phish was also.  Both bands were representing Americana well :-D

sirtubepiper

I love the Crowes. I was into them all of 2005, and seeing Trey with them on NYE introduced me to Phish!

VA $l!m

Quote from: sirtubepiper on April 14, 2006, 10:15:09 PM
I love the Crowes. I was into them all of 2005, and seeing Trey with them on NYE introduced me to Phish!

thats awesome!

did you see any BC shows besides new years?
i love that show, especially the Ten years gone and a few other cuts.

tet

NSNS opener was t3h h4wt :mrgreen:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sirtubepiper

Quote from: VA slim on April 14, 2006, 10:34:27 PM
Quote from: sirtubepiper on April 14, 2006, 10:15:09 PM

thats awesome!

did you see any BC shows besides new years?
i love that show, especially the Ten years gone and a few other cuts.

My favorite was the Hard to Handle -> Jam.

I just saw the Brothers of a Feather acoustic tour.