News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 26, 2010, 07:51:20 PM
There were zombies at my Metro station this morning.

A promotion? Or was it just freaks on the way to/from a costume party?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 26, 2010, 07:53:13 PM

Pretty sure it was a promo gag.
About a dozen full-blown zombies made-up and moving as zombies do...

Very cool.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 26, 2010, 07:54:30 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 26, 2010, 07:53:13 PM

Pretty sure it was a promo gag.
About a dozen full-blown zombies made-up and moving as zombies do...

Very cool.

Press coverage:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/tvblog/2010/10/courageous-park-police-save-li.html

mehead

quick reminder if your dvr isn't set yet for tonight

figured we would be distracted by some little concert in New Jersey this evening
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mistercharlie

Very excited about this show!!! Can't wait for it to start!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Watched it last night so I can LST properly tonight...

fucking awesome.

Multibeast12

Watched this last night and dam, great show. Can't wait till next Sunday. After lost ended I've been lost for a tv show. So I guess this might fill the void but will never replace such a magnificent show

cactusfan

i find it amusing that this show takes place in a world exactly like our own, except for one key difference: in this world, no one has ever seen a zombie movie. they've never even heard of zombies!

anyway. just sayin'.

rowjimmy

That's a fairly common move.

In Star Trek IV, you didn't see people walking up to Spock in San Francisco and shouting "Live Long And Prosper!"

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 03, 2010, 10:40:58 AM

In Star Trek IV, you didn't see people walking up to Spock in San Francisco and shouting "Live Long And Prosper!"

well, i see what you're getting at, but that analogy doesn't hold.

it's not that there was a movie once where they made up a term, 'zombies,' and the creatures themselves, and then this show came along and in some way continued that story or took place in that world.

irrespective of any movies, books, etc., zombies are real. in a sense, anyway. they're in haiti. the western world has known about them for what, 100 years or more?

so this is all a very minor thing (but then, what good intertube discussion isn't?), but yes, when i watch this zombie show, i'm briefly taken out of the reality of the show when characters, seeing the dead walk, say 'we call 'em--walkers.' no you don't. you call them zombies. that's the word!

rowjimmy

Quote from: cactusfan on November 04, 2010, 04:33:00 AM

It was a joke.

mistercharlie

so this is all a very minor thing (but then, what good intertube discussion isn't?), but yes, when i watch this zombie show, i'm briefly taken out of the reality of the show when characters, seeing the dead walk, say 'we call 'em--walkers.' no you don't. you call them zombies. that's the word!

Well, they could just be creating a subset of zombies in their own world, 'walkers' as opposed to 'runners' like you'd find in 28 Days Later.

rowjimmy

Plus there's roamers and lurkers... Some call 'em biters.

mistercharlie

Speaking of 'biters'...

Has anyone heard of 'Ankle Biters'? It's a movie about Vampires with Achondroplasia. I always pick it up and think about getting it at the video store, but have never done it.

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 04, 2010, 08:28:16 AM

It was a joke.

ah. i see that now. it's just that i take spock very seriously. spock and his brain.