News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: slslbs on March 10, 2009, 10:39:25 AM
I've been enjoying what I have been hearing so far (through Mikes on Sat). By no means the best, but very good. It's a pretty big undertaking to play 3 3hr + shows and no repeats the first time out.

The other thing that came to mind is that there is a high energy level.  I got the feeling that they feel like they have something to prove again - both to us and to themselves. As long as they have that attitude, things will progress.

I couldn't have said it better! I know a lot of you have seen the boys hundreds of times and know them inside and out, but cant you all just be glad they are all alive and can play!!!! Ive been DIEING to see  :phish: and tell you the truth, I could care less if they flubbed the whole show. To see them together again just is enough in its self. To be able to get that rush of the four of them just having fun is just unexplainable (and ive never seen it live!). Four years ago I and I bet a lot of you would KILL to be able to see/hear the 3 shows they just played. And of course they are not the perfect phish, yet. Like Slslbs said ive got the feeling, well I know for a fact, they feel they have KNOW they have something to prove! It may take them a couple of shows, so be it. Ive waited this long, whats a few more shows.

or

look at it this way, start looking @ phish as a new band, never heard of them before, they just getting started. and then at the end of all these shows, well all be happier than we were in 90's :-D.

and if that still isnt enough for you then by all means have fun listening to fall '95s and 97's on your computer, while I dance my ass off to the best band to his this earth.

I mean did you guys/gals not see that KILLER LIGHT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I owe Aug $20

susep

listened to 3rd show again today w/ multiple listens to Undermind, Trey was ripping it up!

Hicks

Hmmm well for me it's not enough that they are just back playing together again and I would add if that was all we were looking for then there wouldn't be anything from stopping Phish from becoming a nostalgia act like the Stones, Eagles or million other bands that go out on stage and play their greatest hit sets ad nauseum. 

Of course I'm not saying that Phish is even in danger of becoming that at the present time, but if folks don't care how they play then that certainly encourages that sort of an atmosphere at their shows. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Mr Minor

Quote from: Rich on March 10, 2009, 03:35:33 PM
Quote from: Marmar on March 10, 2009, 02:46:45 PM
well...tell me Phish isn't the biggest slut out there!

Phish isn't the biggest slut out there.

<<<<<<insert inappropriate Mom joke here>>>>>>

Marmar

Quote from: Mr Minor on March 10, 2009, 07:54:17 PM
Quote from: Rich on March 10, 2009, 03:35:33 PM
Quote from: Marmar on March 10, 2009, 02:46:45 PM
well...tell me Phish isn't the biggest slut out there!

Phish isn't the biggest slut out there.

<<<<<<insert inappropriate Mom joke here>>>>>>

Warren Haynes is?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: Hicks on March 10, 2009, 07:36:28 PM
Hmmm well for me it's not enough that they are just back playing together again and I would add if that was all we were looking for then there wouldn't be anything from stopping Phish from becoming a nostalgia act like the Stones, Eagles or million other bands that go out on stage and play their greatest hit sets ad nauseum.  

I have to agree here. One of the reasons I fell in love with  :phish:to begin with was the fact that their music is alive and unpredictable. If there is a time when they start repeating songs frequently in back-to-back shows, it'll be proof that their desire to create is gone. However, I feel the opposite was shown at Hampton, despite not being the tightest of shows.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

WhatstheUse?

DISCLAIMER: When I created this thread I had just gotten back from my 2nd Phish show ever and had likely had the most fun night of my entire life

Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

On the other hand, it is easy to listen back on a show and be critical of every flub, and it is another thing to be at a show and feel the actual energy that was present at said show.  My opinion of these shows upon listening back is different than it was when I was experiencing it, but I am going to defer to the actual feelings I received at the shows, and not how it sounds on my computer.....That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it they were there or not.  Everyone likes different aspects Phish, and everyone has different expectations, be they based on tightness, sound, energy or whatever....I am decidedly uncritical, because it would hamper my enjoyment.....I'm just glad they are back, fucking back, or whatever you want to say.....

blatboom

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 10, 2009, 08:43:53 PM
DISCLAIMER: When I created this thread I had just gotten back from my 2nd Phish show ever and had likely had the most fun night of my entire life

:-D

never apologize for enthusiasm  :phish:

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 10, 2009, 08:44:42 PM
That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion whether it they were there or not.  Everyone likes different aspects Phish, and everyone has different expectations, be they based on tightness, sound, energy or whatever....I am decidedly uncritical, because it would hamper my enjoyment.....I'm just glad they are back, fucking back, or whatever you want to say.....

Precisely.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: blatboom on March 10, 2009, 08:45:58 PM

never apologize for enthusiasm  :phish:

haha, thanks

... listening to the Limb by Limb right now and it's making me pretty darn convinced they're back

Bring in the dude!

Hicks

It's about the music maaaaaan.   :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jedifunk

i dont think there's any doubt they are back... after reading this whole thread ;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

G. Augusto

Quote from: jedifunk on March 10, 2009, 08:54:52 PM
i dont think there's any doubt they are back... after reading this whole thread ;)

You read this entire thread...LOL!
a

Casey Lenahan

im sure ill make another thread just like it when I get to check them out @ alpine, unless I can get a quickly for burgetstown.

and all of you get your, face melting, head exploding, pants shiting, pants all creamy - pictures ready, because its going to happen  :lol:!

I know for sure they are going to take teh face of my head.
I owe Aug $20