News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Superbowl XLII

Started by redrum, February 03, 2008, 11:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

a friend of mine sent me this last week
Dear Tiki,

How are things going? It's me, your buddy Eli.

It's been a while since we talked face to face. Sure, we exchanged
some barbed comments through the media back in August, but I thought it would
be nice to get in touch.

Still working at NBC? I hope that's going well. I haven't seen you on the
tube because I've been really busy with the season and I pretty much only
watch Seinfeld reruns these days. Except when I'm in Green Bay.

Things are good here. I just bought some new suits, which look very
sharp. I tried sushi for the first time and, as I expected, it just
wasn't for me.  It's not so much the taste that bothers me, but the
texture. Kind of slimy.

Oh yeah, and I don't know if you heard, but your former Giant teammates
and I ARE GOING TO THE F**KING SUPER BOWL!  ;-)

Seriously, we have t-shirts and everything. And guess who's not >getting a
t-shirt?  :-\

You.

You know why?

Because you're a whiney little punk who didn't like Tom Coughlin or his
tough practices, so you retired.  >:-o

bet another reason you retired was because you didn't think I could
lead this team to the promised land. In fact, if I remember correctly,
you totally bagged on my leadership ability during halftime of a
preseason game in August and said it was "comical."  =-O

Well, who's laughing now, Tiki?

While you sit at home thinking up ideas for your next children's book,
I'll be heading to Phoenix. I'm going to stay at a sweet-ass hotel.
It'll probably have an indoor pool and a hot tub.  :-P

And all the newspapers and magazines and TV shows are going to be
interviewing me. You know why? Because I'm playing in the Super Bowl!

Is anyone going to interview you? Probably not. You know why? Because
you're not playing in the Super Bowl!  :-(

And if we somehow manage to beat the undefeated Patriots juggernaut
and win the Super Bowl, I might even get the opportunity to do as many
commercials as my brother Peyton. How's that for awesome?   :-)

But even if we don't win, it's cool. Because now everyone knows that I am
a good quarterback and that I can lead the Giants. So when next season
starts, I won't have to listen to pinheads like you question my ability.
8-)

Anyway, my best to your lovely family.

Your buddy,

Elisha Nelson Manning   O:-)

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

With less than 35 seconds left....

:evil:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/ECF56C71B40032A3862573E5001A5D97?OpenDocument

QuoteEli has a true award-winner for the Patriots' film vault
By Bernie Miklasz
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
02/04/2008

GLENDALE, ARIZ. — Eli Manning did it for himself. He did it for Archie, and Peyton, and his entire family. He did it for the New York Giants. He did it for the National Football League, which was on the verge of handing another Super Bowl trophy to the shameless, unapologetic cheaters known as the New England Patriots.

Eli Manning did it for the 1972 Miami Dolphins, who went 17-0 and won with class, and without taint. The Dolphins still remain alone now, standing by themselves in history's glow, their perfection unsoiled by the Patriots and dirty tricks.

Eli did it for Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Tom Landry, Joe Gibbs, and all the great coaches who built dynasties without breaking the rules, without disrespecting the game by cheating.

Sunday evening at University of Phoenix Stadium, Eli scored one for integrity, fairness and the spirit of honest competition. He struck a blow against corruption. He upheld truth, justice and the American way.

In leading that final, amazing, pulsating drive that won the Super Bowl for the Giants, the coming-of-age quarterback one-upped Tom Brady in a memorable battle of fourth-quarter comebacks. Eli did everything but shatter the lens of New England coach Bill Belichick's secret video camera.

God bless you, Eli.

America thanks you for this redemptive, cleansing 17-14 victory in the Super Bowl.

St. Louis thanks you, too.

Eli and the Giants knocked off the Patriots on the sixth anniversary of the Patriots' suspect 20-17 victory over the Rams in the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, 2002.

It was a fabulous piece of karmic payback for the Patriots, who may have cheated the Rams on that day in New Orleans. We'll probably never find out, because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell doesn't appear to have the stomach to take on the Patriots and initiate a legitimate investigation in the aftermath of allegations that the Patriots taped the Rams' final practice before Super Bowl XXXVI.

I don't know why, but watching the Patriots go down so hard on Sunday eased the sting of the Rams' bitter loss six years ago.

Thank you, Eli, for ruining the Patriots' season and denying them the undeserved reward of an undefeated record.

"I'm planning on attending that parade that's just been moved from Boston to New York City,'' Giants defensive end Michael Strahan said.

Sometimes the good guys win.

It was the most dramatic ambush of a bunch of outlaws since Bonnie and Clyde went down in 1934...

...Not so fast. Eli's a coming...

...And there would be no miracles for the Patriots this time.

This time, Eli Manning was Tom Brady, and there was nothing the Patriots could do but watch in horror.

Belichick's spy cam couldn't save him now.

thechad

Greatest Superbowl Football game ever!!  Also, the second highest rated television program in history. 
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

thechad

Oh, and thanks antelope for my new avatar.  :beers:
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

mattstick

QUESTION FOR PATS FANS:

If some information came out that indicated the Giants gained some kind of advantage by breaking the rules (say, they illegally videotaped the Pats final practice) - would you care?

Guyute

Quote from: mattstick on February 05, 2008, 07:26:10 AM

QUESTION FOR PATS FANS:

If some information came out that indicated the Giants gained some kind of advantage by breaking the rules (say, they illegally videotaped the Pats final practice) - would you care?

If it was proven, yes.  Just like if they prove the Pats did that I will.  Like I said before, there is a reason the NFL burned everything and it wasn't to save the Pats or their coach.  Unfortunately, taping during games seems to have been widespread, heck the Jets got caught doing it as well.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

sls.stormyrider

speaking as a Pats and Giants fan (never was a conflict until recently) and a Belichek admirer - Belichek was wrong for taping. The league (not the senate or fed gvt) should look into the allegations of taping before the SB against the Rams.

Let's also be realistic
QuoteOn one tape, Mr. Goodell said, an opposing coach was seen waving at the camera, indicating that he knew he was being taped.
the other coach obviously didn't make a stink of it. Why? - they were probably doing it too.
this is not a defense of the Pats actions, just trying to put the whole thing in perspective.

anyway, that was a great game sunday night. Had to have been the best defensive, especially considering how powerful the Pats offense was,  effort in the history of the game.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

antelope19

From Letterman:

Top 10 New England Patriot Excuses

10. What? It's best-of-seven

9. Too much pre-game chowder

8. Since when is that dude allowed to catch a ball with his head?!   :lol:

7. Terrified by that Fox football robot

6. Everything was fine til' Dr. Phil decided to straighten us out

5. Should have campaigned harder in Florida

4. Entire team stayed up late that night before watching Hannah Montana concert movie

3. Exhausted after spending hours consoling a weepy Terrell Owens

2. Thought game was supposed to be played on Super Tuesday

And the number one Patriot excuse...

1. Airline lost our 'roids

Yes, #3 featured the video we've all seen.

antelope19

antelope19

I have been seeing rumors that Eli may be on the cover of next years Madden '09.  The Giants are fuxxed if this is the truth.  As a skins fan, I think it'd be wonderful!!!!!   :-D  The Madden Curse Lives.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish