News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Official Ticketmaster Strategy Thread

Started by bluecaravan521, October 14, 2008, 07:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

the problem with that is the distance and the key code (it is crucial).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My strategy:

-2 labtops side by side
-one browser per laptop
-log on to tm and have acct ready
-cell phone on speaker phone (call around 9:40) purchase tix to event (my case it will be panic tickets to Charleston) then ask for Phish tickets (has to be near 10)
-tm online, wait until ~10, then search for Phish.  At 10:00 (exactly) click find tickets (choose which nights) on both computers
-choose 2 tickets
-enter code ASAP
-don't even look over the order, just hit process it you get it

If you don't have any success, its always worth it to wait a few minutes and try again.  Many people will lose tickets because of credit crads that bounce, staying on one screen too long (TM has that close out option), etc. 

Finally, it you don't score, don't wait to hit up the scalpers.  The more time, the more the market will adjust (prices will increase). 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Sophist on October 14, 2008, 11:35:29 PM

My strategy:

-2 labtops side by side
-one browser per laptop
-cell phone on speaker phone (call around 9:40) purchase tix to event (my case it will be panic tickets to Charleston) then ask for Phish tickets (has to be near 10)
-tm online, wait until ~10, then search for Phish.  At 10:00 (exactly) click find tickets (choose which nights) on both computers
-choose 2 tickets
-enter code ASAP

If you don't have any success, its always worth it to wait a few minutes and try again.  Many people will lose tickets because of credit crads that bounce, staying on one screen too long (TM has that close out option), etc. 

Finally, it you don't score, don't wait to hit up the scalpers.  The more time, the more the market will adjust (prices will increase). 

this is going to be just about my exact strategy as well....

how well does the call 10 min early and buying other tickets strategy work?? I may have to try that.....

Bring in the dude!

bluecaravan521

I'm so nervous about the code...it's always given me trouble in the past.

If I were to pursue another ticket purchase beforehand, how long would that take? 20 minutes as Sophist has proposed, or does that include stalling?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

metalzone58

Quote from: bluecaravan521 on October 14, 2008, 11:49:23 PM
If I were to pursue another ticket purchase beforehand, how long would that take? 20 minutes as Sophist has proposed, or does that include stalling?

What do you bs about for 20 min

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: metalzone58 on October 14, 2008, 11:51:13 PM

What do you bs about for 20 min

yah thats what i was thinking, 5 or 10 minutes seems more reasonable but then again the lines might be getting busy by that time
Bring in the dude!

sophist

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 14, 2008, 11:48:47 PM

My strategy:

-2 labtops side by side
-one browser per laptop
-choose 2 tickets
-enter code ASAP

this is going to be just about my exact strategy as well....

how well does the call 10 min early and buying other tickets strategy work?? I may have to try that.....

if your legit it works, which is why I buy tickets I actually use (or that you could sell via ebay)

I'm so nervous about the code...it's always given me trouble in the past.

no bull shit dude.  Seek out the best tickets you can afford for some show on sale.  You going to have to spend some cash to get what you really want.  Chances are if you pull the "disney on ice" bit, you will get hung up on. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

McGrupp

So is it looking like the phone strategy is the one?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

blatboom

Quote from: McGrupp on October 15, 2008, 10:14:11 AM
So is it looking like the phone strategy is the one?

I'm gonna try comp + phone

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

StCarl

Holy shit, wow.  Thank you! 
-the scalpers

Dude...
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

MiamiPhish

I figure there's going to be a phone wait to actually get to a ticket agent, so I'm going to call 45 mins ahead of time to see what the wait time is.  I'll probably call every 15 minutes from then on to see what the wait is.  My goal is to call early enough so that the wait time ends, theoretically, a few minutes before 10:00.  I figure if I'm nice to the person on the phone, they'll be nice to me, at least I hope.  I can't imagine the ticket agent saying "What?  You're trying to buy tickets that go on sale in three minutes?  You're going to have to call back then."

McGrupp

So I just got back from my local ticketmaster outlet.

The outlet is one of about 8 in the greater richmond area -- one of 2 that opens BEFORE 10 am on saturday.

TM outlet is in a Ukrops grocery store -- Ukrops opens at 7, Ticketmaster opens at 9, and the......wait for it.......LOTTERY, starts at 930 (meaning they start handing out tickets at 930).

Even though, like I said, this TM outlet is one of about 8 in my area, they have already been getting flooded with calls and are already anticipating doing the lotto thang.

Looks like I'll be trying my luck on the phone/internet.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

blatboom

Quote from: McGrupp on October 15, 2008, 12:22:40 PM
So I just got back from my local ticketmaster outlet.

The outlet is one of about 8 in the greater richmond area -- one of 2 that opens BEFORE 10 am on saturday.

TM outlet is in a Ukrops grocery store -- Ukrops opens at 7, Ticketmaster opens at 9, and the......wait for it.......LOTTERY, starts at 930 (meaning they start handing out tickets at 930).

Even though, like I said, this TM outlet is one of about 8 in my area, they have already been getting flooded with calls and are already anticipating doing the lotto thang.

Looks like I'll be trying my luck on the phone/internet.

thanks for the info.  I saw there is one at Stony Point mall as well, I wonder if a place like that is more stealthy?  ah fuck it, I'm just gonna stick with the phone/internet combo

sophist

Quote from: StCarl on October 15, 2008, 12:02:56 PM

-the scalpers

Dude...
:roll:

Seeing Phish isn't fair.  So all the crap about boycotting the scalpers is dumb and empty of any substance. 

McGrupp

Quote from: Sophist on October 15, 2008, 01:14:33 PM
Quote from: StCarl on October 15, 2008, 12:02:56 PM

-the scalpers

Dude...
:roll:

Seeing Phish isn't fair.  So all the crap about boycotting the scalpers is dumb and empty of any substance. 

If ticketmaster doesn't work out on saturday, I'll be SERIOUSLY considering biting the bullet and stub-hubbing it.

I'm just wondering how much the prices will fly up after the clock strikes 10:01 on Sat.