News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

so..who got Asheville tickets?

Started by blatboom, January 31, 2009, 09:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

fauxpaxfauxreal

the only one i know, is the ho that was first in line at the outlet  :cry:

Also, if you have extras, someone is trading fox theatre's 55 ashevilles for one fox.

keeb333

i got 2 from my buddy, who scored 4 in the lotto.  :banana:

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

redrum

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009901310319

QuoteASHEVILLE – It took only six minutes Friday morning to sell out a June 9 concert by the reunited rock band Phish at the Asheville Civic Center, disappointing a big crowd of fans who had lined up outside the building in hopes of snagging a precious seat to the show.
Advertisement

At least 165 fans had massed outside the downtown arena, many of whom camped overnight in a determined effort to purchase tickets. But in an age of Internet sales, only a few went away happy. The Civic Center will seat 7,200 for the show, but half the tickets had been sold in an advance sale through the Phish Web site, said Civic Center events manager Marcia Hart.

The early morning scene was reminiscent of the pre-Internet days, when fans would often line up outside the Civic Center for concert tickets. The fans were wrapped in coats, blankets or sleeping bags to stay warm. But some in line realized their chances were slim.

Tommy Hughes, of Asheville, took his place on the line at 11 p.m. Thursday. "I was kind of late," he said. The scene overnight was upbeat, despite the cold. "People were hanging out and having a good time," he said.

Shane Patterson, of Raleigh, arrived at 3 p.m. Thursday and was number 53 in line. But he realized that most of the tickets would be sold online. "I don't have a lot of faith," he said.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

redrum

QuoteMost of the 180 or so fans gathered outside the Asheville Civic Center waiting for Phish tickets were mightily disappointed today. Tickets sold out in virtual seconds, with an error in the Ticketmaster system apparently releasing the 400 tickets that were supposed to be held back for the venue. Only about 20 people got tickets, said the Civic Center's executive director Sherman Bass.

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

waiting all night in the blistering cold only to find out that Ticketmaster has royally F^K$D you in the A$$ harder than ever?

priceless INFURIATING.

http://www.mountainx.com/ae/2009/sad_day_for_some_asheville_phish_fans
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

WhatstheUse?

thats sucks big time.

Imagine being the first guy in line to NOT get tickets.
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

that shit basically happened to me when i waited at Nassau coliseum for tickets to what would end up being my last show-- 2.28.03
it was snowy and feakin cold as hell and i waited over night. i was about 15th in line, but the first ten people were kids that were  paid by scalpers to wait in line.
they let in 5 at a time  i think, and they had at least 5 people selling tickets on different consoles, but after the first two rounds, which were all the scalpers, they shut sdwon all the sales sonsoles except for one!! WTF?!? so, then i got in side with the next group of five and they sold out by two people in front of me..... Ok?!? so you're telling me that Nasau coliseum which is fuckin huge only had enough tickets to sell  to 12 people?
this is just like many of the experiences i had trying to get phhish tickets post 98, and honestly i think i have the right to be pissed off and cynical about the entire system.
whatev.
i'm going to just py an arm and a leg to get my ass into all 3 nights at hampton, and then i think i'm going to just wait for a show/ tour where i can purchase tickets like a human being again. even if that means that i'll never see a show again, ro at least have tickets in advance, so be it.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mazzy213

i got two,  am pretty excited to be there

ucusty

i didnt score on my own, but my good friend got 4 and came off 1 for my head

phg

I'm giving up on St. Louis, and I don't want to go to Bonnaroo, but I'm not giving up on Asheville.  I'm doing 6/4-->6/7, Knoxville, and 6.18-->6.21.  It only makes sense to do Asheville.  I have faith I'll find a way to get a ticket.

tonybeyondo

Got a pair from a friend in NJ after losing out in both mail order & internet sales- so psyched for the HOMETOWN show  :-D  8-)

Phunkaddict

Quote from: tonybeyondo on February 02, 2009, 11:50:16 AM
Got a pair from a friend in NJ after losing out in both mail order & internet sales- so psyched for the HOMETOWN show  :-D  8-)
k+ ...G.R., you wookie noob! :-D Hell yes, PHISH is back!

I'll never get used to seeing your alias. Did you ever get the Tony Beyondo: Christmas 2000 (4 disc) mix I made? I may have to remaster and re-release it in honor of you.

Are you going to Hampton?
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

tonybeyondo

Quote from: 97phunkaddict on February 02, 2009, 12:01:45 PM
Quote from: tonybeyondo on February 02, 2009, 11:50:16 AM
k+ ...G.R., you wookie noob! :-D Hell yes, PHISH is back!

I'll never get used to seeing your alias. Did you ever get the Tony Beyondo: Christmas 2000 (4 disc) mix I made? I may have to remaster and re-release it in honor of you.

Are you going to Hampton?

My alias is an homage to you J.  :-D  Can't wait for the PHiSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Unfortunately, I won't be at Hampton but T, Homie and I will be at Asheville!!!

mixmasterob

got 2 in the lottery.  should be quite a first show!