News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Want to bring wife to her first show...

Started by brainfrz, February 05, 2010, 08:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willsteele

If you happen to get some plutonium at the corner store and go back to 11/17/1997 let me know...  I'd like to tag along.  I'll bring the road trip food.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Superfreakie

I am quite happy, actually ecstatic, to not have my GF at shows with me. First off, I like to get fucked out of my skull beyond anything that might be considered publicly acceptable, unless judged on the HST scale (Hunter S. Thompson). I don't need someone being my mother nor any other anchor to reality. I also wish to avoid worrying about someone else's experience or how their trip might be proceeding. I want to feel absolute freedom, a departure from my day to day life and, as such, I have come to believe this requires a complete jettison of all responsibility save holding on to my ticket, money and remembering where the hotel/vehicle is. Worry about my GF.....no thanks.   
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sls.stormyrider

interesting - and I kinda see where you're coming from.

personally, I like to be able to share the experience with someone. the risk is that if she's not having a good time, it might bring me down. But, if we're both into it, it's that much better.

different strokes

as far as bringing and SO to a show, I agree with the comment that they gotta like the music before they go. they don't have to love it or be obsessed like we are here, but they have to at least like it.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gimmetela

haven't read the whole thread, so excuse me if this has already been said...but if all possible, take her to an indoor show (the mothership?).  She'll get the energy for real.  The lights, the reverb, all of it. And guarantee her that she'll meet some very fine people via the Paug!

Welcome to the board.  I'm not here as much as I'd like to be, but there are some mighty fine peeps here!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: slslbs on February 06, 2010, 12:39:37 AM
personally, I like to be able to share the experience with someone. the risk is that if she's not having a good time, it might bring me down. But, if we're both into it, it's that much better.

I'm with sls on this one....

Enjoying a Phish show with someone you love can make the experience that much better
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 06, 2010, 12:27:15 AM
I am quite happy, actually ecstatic, to not have my GF at shows with me. First off, I like to get fucked out of my skull beyond anything that might be considered publicly acceptable, unless judged on the HST scale (Hunter S. Thompson). I don't need someone being my mother nor any other anchor to reality. I also wish to avoid worrying about someone else's experience or how their trip might be proceeding. I want to feel absolute freedom, a departure from my day to day life and, as such, I have come to believe this requires a complete jettison of all responsibility save holding on to my ticket, money and remembering where the hotel/vehicle is. Worry about my GF.....no thanks.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Phish time is me time.

Friends, yes please. Girlfriends, no thanks.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mbw

you d00ds should all start over with chicks who dig phish.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

mbw

WhatstheUse?

For real though, I don't think I could ever have a girlfriend that didn't like Phish.   It's too big of an aspect in my life for someone I spend all the time with not too like.

Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 06, 2010, 04:50:23 PM

there is much truth in this statement although my gf would probably disagree  :wink: 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 06, 2010, 05:37:58 PM

there is much truth in this statement although my gf would probably disagree  :wink:

start. over. 

:-P

Superfreakie

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 06, 2010, 05:40:57 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on February 06, 2010, 05:37:58 PM

start. over. 

:-P

don't have to. just need to find a swinging wookette.  :evil:

sls.stormyrider

the 1st gift my then gf, now wife, got me when we were dating (this was back in the stone ages) was a copy of Shakedown St.
and a monogrammed beer mug,

I knew that day...
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

Quote from: slslbs on February 06, 2010, 07:47:08 PM
the 1st gift my then gf, now wife, got me when we were dating (this was back in the stone ages) was a copy of Shakedown St.
and a monogrammed beer mug,

I knew that day...

awesome.