News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Looks like Sno.down needs to find a new venue

Started by thechad, March 28, 2007, 01:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechad

Which is to bad, I live about 45min. away from Lake Placid, I couldn't make it to the show but this was on the front page of my local paper today.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070327/NEWS/703270302

However if you ever make it up there (down there for me) and it's sunday, I totally recommend the brunch at the Hilton.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

kellerb

sophist

damn, sounds like the scene is already falling apart for the moe.rons, which is really sad. 

thanks for sharing the story.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

thechad

Quote from: Lengthwise on March 29, 2007, 10:18:31 AM
toothpicks?

I don't think that whoever said that had any idea what they are talking about.  The same thing happened when fish played there in '95 and '96.  It was almost the same exact story except that the needle was found in the front yard of a day care provider not in the street.  Basically what is happening is this: Lake Placid is a very elitist community, and they feel that they should be considered so in the public eye right along side places like Aspen, CO.  What happened over the weekend was a bunch of hippies invaded and it got in the way of them going about their normal routine, that pissed them off. So to counter what they are doing is making that group of people look like subversive, evil drug fiends that are a threat to all those around them (but especially the children "Won't someone please think of the children!!!").  They get an article published in our rag of a newspaper, which I read almost everyday and the people who write for it I'm surprised not only that they were able to graduate from High School, but have the intelligence to write their own name.  Hell, when I was a high school athlete and my name was to be put in the paper 9 times out of 10 it was spelled wrong, my first name is 4 letters and I have one of the top 10 most common last names in the country.  So what's happening with this "article" is it is the first step of GreatNortheast Productions being told that they are not welcome anymore.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

emay

Speaking first hand, since I was there, the scene was pretty great. THe security was horrrribly tight there. They were throwing out gum and toothpicks and just about everything you had except for your keys and phone and wallet. They were giving some major pat downs. The funny thing is people still seemed to sneek in stuff. lmao. But there was a no smoking inside rule. People still toked. When moe. came out they started up tons of smoke machines, which resulted in just a huge cloud of smoke, and announced the smoke was a camoflogue. So everryyone just started toking. Then the second night people were smoking cigarettes and weed and just totally disobeyed the no smoking rule. Second, I think the town was wonderful. Lake Placid is such a fun town for a festival like this. It was funny watching the tourists not there for moe. drive threw the streets. Their faces were priceless when tons of moe.rons just jump in the middle of the street wearing huge uncle sam top hats and tie dye t shirts. They must have scared away those tourists from every coming back to LP. But it was a great experience for me.
I think i saw that arrest with the LSD guy. I was standing in a long line to get searched, and this guy just kinda drops everything and turns around the walks away and then this cop just runs through the line and grabs this guy and pushes him to the ground. I saw many people get hassled about drugs. Didnt see any LSD or coke of H on the lot or in the arena. Saw a TON of MDMA. had my own stash of headies and mushrooms that i didnt broadcast around the place. But it was good while it lasted. I think the police were a little over parinoid about the LSD laced gum and toothpicks. There was one of those stands somewhere, with the people that test your ectasy to see if it tests positive for MDMA and its not just a bunch of household chemicals. which was a good thing.