News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Lax Thread

Started by shoreline99, March 16, 2012, 12:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: bvaz on April 15, 2012, 11:25:51 AM
college lacrosse is great in that only a handful of teams have good programs and they play each other every year.
loved when boston (well, foxborough technically) had the finals.

It's growing pretty fast though as the popularity of the sport expands outside of the traditional NE hotbeds (Baltimore/Long Island/Upstate NY). A couple years ago, nearly everyone on the top teams were from those areas but now you hear stars from literally all over the country not to mention Canada. So you're seeing teams like Denver, Fairfield, Villanova, UMass & Drexel competing with the big boys (UVA, Hopkins, Syracuse, Duke).
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

whatapiper

Love a LAX thread!  I played in VA through middle and high school and am pretty stoked Seattle has a vibrant and quickly growing lacrose scene.  There are programs for elementary school kids out here(indipendant of school) and more extensive programs the older the kids get.  I see games happening every weekend now by my office so hopes of a LAX future for my son are hopeful!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

runawayjimbo

Carolina hanging tough with UVA in the first rd of the ACC tournament, tied 2-2 at the end of the 1st. Live on ESPNU.

shoreline99

Ugh. What a spring so far. My daughter's travel team schedule is driving me crazy. Game last Saturday (win), Jamboree on Sunday (split 2-2), practice tonight and Wednesday, tournament at the other end of the state on Saturday at 9am, game Sunday, game Monday, Game Wednesday....

And she's only 1 of our 4.... My older son is just doing rec league lax this season so he can do track as well, so his travel schedule isn't too bad, and my younger son is doing 'developmental' league which is Friday night clinics/Saturday games.

Wait until next year when my younger daughter is in the mix as well...
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: shoreline99 on April 30, 2012, 02:15:48 PM
Ugh. What a spring so far. My daughter's travel team schedule is driving me crazy. Game last Saturday (win), Jamboree on Sunday (split 2-2), practice tonight and Wednesday, tournament at the other end of the state on Saturday at 9am, game Sunday, game Monday, Game Wednesday....

And she's only 1 of our 4.... My older son is just doing rec league lax this season so he can do track as well, so his travel schedule isn't too bad, and my younger son is doing 'developmental' league which is Friday night clinics/Saturday games.

That's brutal. Mine are all under 4 so I have some time before I get into that but it doesn't sound fun. Still, something about watching little kids in their giant pads running around whacking the crap out of each other that makes you laugh.

shoreline99

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 30, 2012, 02:22:33 PM
Quote from: shoreline99 on April 30, 2012, 02:15:48 PM

That's brutal. Mine are all under 4 so I have some time before I get into that but it doesn't sound fun. Still, something about watching little kids in their giant pads running around whacking the crap out of each other that makes you laugh.

They all look like marvin the martian, with big helmets and cleats and sticks..

runawayjimbo

I forgot the tournament started yesterday. Looks like Colgate over UMass was the only shocker yesterday. UVA just survived a scare from Princeton 6-5. I'm really looking forward to the Maryland-Lehigh matchup later tonight.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/lacrosse-men/d1

phil

Quote from: runawayjimbo on May 13, 2012, 03:08:19 PM
UVA just survived a scare from Princeton 6-5.

It was an ugly second half but we toughed it out, LaPierre took a shot to the gut in the final seconds that likely prevented overtime. I don't see our next round matchup being that tough (I think it'll be Yale) but I'm not excited about the prospect of having to go through Denver later in the tournament, they're a scrappy team that can be pretty dangerous.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

antelope19

Def. rooting for loyola. Toomey was my high school coach! Go greyhounds!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

phil

Quote from: phil on May 13, 2012, 03:24:27 PM
I don't see our next round matchup being that tough (I think it'll be Yale)

I'd like to retract this statement. Notre Dame looked a lot better than we did this afternoon. This will be a tough matchup.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

antelope19

2 of the playoff games are in my hometown this weekend.  I think we're going tp hit at least one of them!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on May 18, 2012, 12:57:18 PM
2 of the playoff games are in my hometown this weekend.  I think we're going tp hit at least one of them!

I'm pissed that they don't do the lax tourney there anymore. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

runawayjimbo

Finally caught up on the DVR'd tournament. The final was a bit of a letdown but the semis were great. I'm glad Loyola won but I would like Niko Amato (who went to my HS) to get one at some point too. Still it was a great tournament.

Quote from: antelope19 on May 13, 2012, 04:43:16 PM
Def. rooting for loyola. Toomey was my high school coach! Go greyhounds!

My HS coach was on the '90 team too. A few of those man-up plays definitely looked familiar.

shoreline99

Anyone following the FIL internationals? USA v. Germany live now.

runawayjimbo

Bump

Didn't realize the league tournaments had stated already. I'm watching Duke on a massive run against UNC, scoring 7 straight to go from 15-6 to 15-13 in the 4th. God I love playoff lax.

ETA: make that 15-14

ETA2: Duke takes the lead 17-16. UNC ties it up. This is insane.

ETA3: UNC wins. Duke has man up for 16s to end the game. They get a good look but get stuffed.

Fuck that was fun.