News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

underrated? fall 99

Started by jedifunk, August 25, 2014, 09:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

sunrisevt

Quote from: jasonsobel on August 30, 2014, 06:52:01 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on August 30, 2014, 09:40:11 AM
Quote from: jasonsobel on August 30, 2014, 06:47:32 AM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 29, 2014, 07:15:03 PM
just to make the point because many others in this thread have done the same thing... but december is NOT fall... so therefore, rochester isn't a fall show.  and yes, it was a pretty lame show... yet still not in the fall.

fall tour went from  9/9/99 - 10/10/99 ... that december run started 12/2/99... and features lots of loops :)

just to make another point, the Winter solstice isn't until December 21, and therefore all of the shows before Big Cypress are "Fall", and in my mind are Leg 2 of Fall '99

that said, I don't think anyone has mentioned the Albany 2001 from Oct 9.  Totally awesome.

Also, the Dec 8 CCCC YEM has been mentioned, but not yet mentioned in this thread is my favorite parts of the Dec 8 show...  Ya Mar and Piper.  Both totally awesome.  Still the best Ya Mar ever, in my opinion.

IT would like a word with you, Jason.

I just spent the past 32 minutes listening to both the IT Ya Mar and the CCCC 12/8/99 Ya Mar.  It was a few minutes longer, but CCCC was more interesting, better, and way more psychedelic.  I stand by my statement. :)  :phish:

edit to add: I was also in attendance for both, so I'm not biased in that regard either.

In the spirit of fairness, and recognizing that I am biased by having attended IT but none of December '99, I'll do the same. Not to mention I'm between jobs and my shoes are worn out from so much pounding pavement. But I don't have a listening copy of 12/8/99 ready at hand.

Could someone point me in the right direction? (etree is blank for this show going back to 2013.) Never mind--found it. 2 seeds still active.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sophist

IT version is way better.  That 12/8/99 was pretty straight forward to me. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sunrisevt

Although I can see the sense behind the comparison, 12/8/99 just doesn't measure up to IT, imo.

Happy to be listening to some quality 1999 auds this week.  :beers:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

justjezmund

Quote from: sunrisevt on August 30, 2014, 04:38:21 PM
You're dead to me, Aaron.

it's okay kelley, i got one word, four letters for budd there.

PFFT!
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

jedifunk

Quote from: sophist on September 04, 2014, 01:45:07 PM
IT version is way better.  That 12/8/99 was pretty straight forward to me.

its ok ... 12/13/97 is the best yamar anyways
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Augustus

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sunrisevt

One more favorite Ya Mar and we'll be needing a new thread. Fall 99 still slays tho.

WhatstheUse?

5/23/00 Ya Mar beats them all, IMO.  :evil:

I do love that 7-25 version too though, as I do 12-8.
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Funny... I just realized the 5 different favorite Ya Mars mentioned in this thread are the top 5 longest versions.

12/13/97
08/02/03
07/25/98
05/23/00
12/08/99
Bring in the dude!

Augustus

For a shorty, I love 12-30-95

jedifunk

back on topic ...

10/2 - tweezer > on your way down ... tasty
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

cactusfan

Quote from: jedifunk on August 26, 2015, 10:18:14 PM
back on topic ...

10/2 - tweezer > on your way down ... tasty

best On Your Way Down by a longshot, fantastic Tweezer, killer Piper. this whole show smokes. i mean how hot does a second set have to be for them not only to end it with Waste, but for Waste to actually work as the closer?