News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Best Show You Missed

Started by Bill, March 11, 2005, 01:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Thought this would provoke some interesting responses.  For me, this is all about the August '93 tour.  Really looked forward to hitting 8-14-93, was set to buy tickets (and actually might have, if I remember correctly) and then, wham, had to attend a family reunion on the east coast.  As an honorable mention, several weeks later I was out on the west coast attending shows at Shoreline Amp. and had to fly out of SF on the morning of the 28th to get back in time for school, thereby missing the one and only show at the Greek Theatre.  Damn!  At least I made up for it in 1994.

jedifunk

wish i had seen 10-31-96, bout the only regret of my phishing days
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Bill

Thank you for reminding me: I need to modify my earlier post.  I was all set to go to 10-31-95 and for some reason didn't.  Did I ever regret that!  I still do.

thelot

12-31-92 this would've been the first, but instead I spent the night cheating on my girlfriend of 3 years.
7-13-94 saw the Dead in Highgate instead, big mistake!!!
7-15-94 had a ticket but my friends didn't want to drive to Long Island and back to Sugarbush (I missed my only chance to see Letter to Jimmy Page!  :twisted: )
11-2-94 hit 10/31 & 11/3, but skipped this one because I had to study for a test. (damn you college!  :evil: )
10-31-95 the only Halloween costume show I missed (I could't afford a plane ticket  :(  )
11-2-98 Did 10/29 thru 10/31, flew home to find out they played Dark Side!!! My friend attended this show and brought home the 2nd set on dat that my buddy had cloned for him, so it wasn't that bad, I just had to wait a day to hear it.

jephrey

this is a good thread...

I agree on the 10-31-96, Talking Heads rock, but I never really had a chance to go to that one.  Based on shows I had a chance to go to and not make it...  Hmmm, I know I missed Deer Creek post-hiatus and I actually had tix that I couldn't give away (still have  em at home).  I also missed some great Ohio shows in 2000 or maybe they were post hiatus too.  I had to sell the tickets online.  It was after a show or shows at the allstate arena.

I was at lemonwheel and the went so I would have liked to make it to IT as well.

-Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

8/9/98

Only for the encore.

Tho I live(d) close I didn't go (I did see 8/8 and Lemonwheel) because I had to do some parenting. I was sharing custody then (before getting sole) and had to take my turn before I left for Maine...

We have no regrets

VA $l!m

could've made it to 'dsotm'- utah 98... i was living in denver at the time and all i can say is
thinking the mcnicholes show on 11-4 would be enough was a huge letdown.
Also, why did they always play the 'ghost' i wanted to hear the night before or after the show i saw?---sneaky little song!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

guyforget

I should have stayed on the road and gone to Vernon Downs on 8/12/98 and the Lemonwheel instead of going home after the Star Lake show.
-AD_

VA $l!m

i should've gone to va beach 98 instead of sitting home in dc after merriweather> had a ticket / ride , but was worn out from tour, . missed terr. station (being a deadhead this really sucked) ---that's what i get for being tired.
luckily my friends wouldn't let me not go to lemonwheel despite my laziness and they gave me a ticket and threw me in their van.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slimluckily my friends wouldn't let me not go to lemonwheel despite my laziness and they gave me a ticket and threw me in their van.

And we've regretted THAT ever since.   :wink:
Not really.

Funny how we regret missing the same show even though there are soooo many more that I didn't see. I suppose it's because went went to MPP and then to Lemonwheel whitout a clue as to what we were missing three hours to the south.

mattstick

I wish I'd stayed on tour in Summer 98, instead of going home (sick) after Deer Creek.  I got pneumonia in Deer Creek and the rest of the tour might've killed me but it would've been worth it.

Blaise

I had mono for creek and alpine this summer and didn't find this out until about 1/2 a week after I got home. I even went to work for a few fays when I got back. I was fine sitting around all day but as soon as the show was over I just wanted to pass out.

ucusty

12/7/97 dayton, oh. man those  late phall/ winter shows were the worst for catching a cold or the flu!  puffing w/ randoms...  burn the end of that bowl!