News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Music DVD You Watched?

Started by mopper_smurf, October 28, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: VA slim on November 21, 2008, 05:47:08 PM
i hardly ever watch/listen to a complete anything, but i popped in 4-3-98 today.
man i love this sh--.
takes me back fo sho.

Ya gotta love the part during Roses when CK lights up the crowd behind the stage.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Quote from: blatboom on November 15, 2008, 12:18:34 AM
QuotePHiSH - 11/15/96
Kiel Center - St. Louis, MO

source: Schoeps CMC6/MK41 > Beyer MV-100 > SBM-1 > D7
transfer: Casio DA-R100 > M-Audio 24/96 via Coax SPDIF > Wavelab (fades, normalize, sample rate conversion) > CD-WAV > SHNv3

transfer by shakedown@furthurnet.org on 10/16/03

DISC ONE
set I:
01. pre-show music/applause
02. Wilson
03. The Divided Sky
04. Bouncin'
05. Character Zero
06. Punch You in the Eye
07. Prince Caspian
08. Ginseng Sullivan
09. Trainsong
10. Chalkdust Torture
11. Taste
12. Cavern

DISC TWO
set II:
01. Makisupa Policeman
02. Maze
03. McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters
04. Split Open and Melt
05. TMWSIY >
06. Avenu Malkenu
07. My Mind's Got a Mind of it's Own
08. Mike's Song
09. Sleeping Monkey
10. Mean Mr. Mustard
11. Weekapaug Groove
encore:
12. Funky Bitch

show notes: Mean Mr. Mustard was a first time played.  Trey announced that the show was brought to you by the letter "M" and the number "420".  John Popper on harmonica for Mean Mr. Mustard.

anomolies: the DAT had digi-noise during Wilson & PYITE, only one one of the 2 channels though; I swapped the left with the noisy right in these spots.

Thanks to Lenny Stubbe for all the sick DATs, please contact me if you have Fall 96 Phish DATs!
-Matt aka shakedown@furthurnet.org

Great vid! 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

phg

haha, I found this one while cleaning my closet, and watched most of it while chilling out tonight.  I think it belonged to my mom.  Definitely some cheesy music, but I have a soft spot for JT.   :-)

mopper_smurf

Nirvana - Unplugged in NY

Which reminded me of the fact that the CD of this show does not include the David Geffen/Leadbelly guitar bit. Nevermind, I prefer the vinyl.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Hicks

Quote from: mopper_smurf on December 05, 2008, 05:49:19 AM
Nirvana - Unplugged in NY

Which reminded me of the fact that the CD of this show does not include the David Geffen/Leadbelly guitar bit. Nevermind, I prefer the vinyl.

Sure it does.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

redrum

QuotePhish
Fleet Center
Boston, MA

I: Harry Hood, Cavern, Birds of a Feather, Ya Mar, Horn > Piper, Anything But Me, Water in the Sky, Down with Disease

II: Rock and Roll -> Weekapaug Groove -> Tweezer Reprise > Frankenstein -> Kung -> Frankenstein, All of These Dreams, The Wedge, Boogie On Reggae Woman > Cities, Maze, Waste
Encore: Bug

Phish
The CoreStates Spectrum
Philadelphia, PA

I: Punch You in the Eye, My Soul, Drowned, The Old Home Place, Gumbo > 2001 > You Enjoy Myself
II: David Bowie -> Possum -> Prince Caspian, Frankenstein, Harry Hood
Encore: Crossroads

Phish
December 6, 1996
The Aladdin Theatre
Las Vegas, NV
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

messengerbird

QuoteDecember 1, 1995
Hershey Park Arena
Hershey, PA

I: Buried Alive, Down with Disease, Theme From the Bottom, Poor Heart, Wolfman's Brother, Chalk Dust Torture, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > The Famous    Mockingbird, Stash, Cavern

II: Halley's Comet > Mike's Song -> Weekapaug Groove, The Mango Song > Wilson > Suspicious Minds > HYHU, David Bowie -> Catapult -> David Bowie

Encore: Suzy Greenberg

Show Notes: The narration during Colonel Forbin's Ascent referenced chocolate and the rhombus. Catapult started over the Bowie hi-hat intro, which also  featured quotes of Homer Simpson ("mmmm...chocolate"). Trey flubbed the lyrics to Wolfman's Brother and remarked that, since he likes them so much, he would sing them again. This was the first time ever that Mike's and Weekapaug were played without anything in between them.
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

rowjimmy

Quote from: messengerbird on December 05, 2008, 09:21:17 PM
QuoteDecember 1, 1995
Hershey Park Arena
Hershey, PA

I: Buried Alive, Down with Disease, Theme From the Bottom, Poor Heart, Wolfman's Brother, Chalk Dust Torture, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > The Famous    Mockingbird, Stash, Cavern

II: Halley's Comet > Mike's Song -> Weekapaug Groove, The Mango Song > Wilson > Suspicious Minds > HYHU, David Bowie -> Catapult -> David Bowie

Show Notes: The narration during Colonel Forbin's Ascent referenced chocolate and the rhombus. Catapult started over the Bowie hi-hat intro, which also  featured quotes of Homer Simpson ("mmmm...chocolate"). Trey flubbed the lyrics to Wolfman's Brother and remarked that, since he likes them so much, he would sing them again. This was the first time ever that Mike's and Weekapaug were played without anything in between them.

Totally rules your faces...

ytowndan

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 05, 2008, 10:50:42 PM
QuoteDecember 1, 1995
Hershey Park Arena
Hershey, PA

:-o

I can't believe I don't have this. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

natronzero

Quote from: ytowndan on December 05, 2008, 10:55:56 PM
QuoteDecember 1, 1995
Hershey Park Arena
Hershey, PA

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

blatboom

Quote from: natronzero on December 06, 2008, 12:27:40 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on December 05, 2008, 10:55:56 PM
QuoteDecember 1, 1995
Hershey Park Arena
Hershey, PA

http://www.livephish.com/show.asp?show=402

Caravan2001

watched walnut creek again last night.  Can't believe I didn't  think it was a hot show when I was seeing it live.....

khalpin

Quote from: caravan2001 on December 06, 2008, 11:34:44 AM
watched walnut creek again last night.  Can't believe I didn't  think it was a hot show when I was seeing it live.....
Were you on the lawn?

Caravan2001

probably, I don;t even remember.  I know I was on the lawn for VA beach.....but I don't even remember this "supposed" rain storm, so maybe I was in the shed...

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged