News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fuck4paug

Started by redrum, July 06, 2010, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

For those that don't know about this yet:

On 07/01/10 in the "Live Fucking Setlist Thread" the theme or word of the night was "Fuck". Not sure how many F-bombs were actually dropped in it's 42 pages, but there were fucking plenty. Someone should count them all.

On 07/02/10 in Charlotte, Phish played the bustout to end all bustouts: "Fuck Your Face" was played for the first time in over 23 years (the last -- and only -- known performance was on 4/29/87 or 1,413 shows ago).

http://week4paug.net/2009-live-setlists-and-post-show-discussions-and-reviews/0701-time-warner-cable-music-pavilion-raleigh-nc-live-setlist-thread/

Please share your thoughts on this..
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sophist

there was a Fuck Your Face sign in Raleigh.  My friend who was in the pit told me about over the weekend.  So no, they didn't play that song because of this board. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

redrum

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2010, 01:54:19 PM
there was a Fuck Your Face sign in Raleigh.  My friend who was in the pit told me about over the weekend.  So no, they didn't play that song because of this board.

i've seen more request posters at 3.0 shows for songs that haven't been played than ones that have. so no, that's just one opinion.

---

Hicks

Well fuck that.  :wtu:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

You guys will get the real explanation as soon as gimmetela gets on here with her pics. Be patient.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sophist

Quote from: redrum on July 06, 2010, 01:56:18 PM

i've seen more request posters at 3.0 shows for songs that haven't been played than ones that have. so no, that's just one opinion.
But those are for other songs that get played.  A Fuck Your Face poster is going to catch the eye of the band more so than most signs.  It's not an opinion.  It's reality.  It's foolish to think that posting a bunch of fuck yous on a message board translates to the ultimate bust out.  I don't see the connection at all.  None of you were referencing that song or even discussing it in that thread.  the whole concept of that thread was to be a bunch of dicks to each other.  How is that Fuck Your Face?  It's not.  sorry, I know the bubble is popped here, but that's the truth.  They saw a sign and went out of their way to play that tune. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

redrum

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 06, 2010, 01:59:46 PM
You guys will get the real explanation as soon as gimmetela gets on here with her pics. Be patient.

FUCK patience, tell me now!!!

---

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Hicks on July 06, 2010, 01:57:27 PM

Well fuck that.  :wtu:
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Poster Nutbag

I remember both Fuck your Face and Vultures being called in one of the Live Setlist threads, just before they were played... and I did thing after reading Raleigh's setlist that the paug was the influence... but I really don't know... but I have my intuition... We rock!!! and PT sucks ass!!!
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Hicks

I'm not gonna find it, but I called Fuck Your Face on the 7/1 LST.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

redrum

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2010, 02:00:35 PM

But those are for other songs that get played.  A Fuck Your Face poster is going to catch the eye of the band more so than most signs.  It's not an opinion.  It's reality.  It's foolish to think that posting a bunch of fuck yous on a message board translates to the ultimate bust out.  I don't see the connection at all.  None of you were referencing that song or even discussing it in that thread.  the whole concept of that thread was to be a bunch of dicks to each other.  How is that Fuck Your Face?  It's not.  sorry, I know the bubble is popped here, but that's the truth.  They saw a sign and went out of their way to play that tune.

lol. everyone changing their avatar to themselves flipping their middle finger in the air actually made me think "fuck your face"

---

sophist

Why would they read the LST thread though?  No offense, but they are just same people (me included) cracking retarded inside jokes every time.  It's an awesome way to spend one's night when they aren't at the show, but it's hardly a beacon of knowledge or insight with regards to the actual show.  So to me, it just seems ludicrous to think that has any influence on the band, and why wouldn't they take many of the more well thought out ideas to heart within this board? 

You guys are confusing cause with correlation.   

mattstick

You really think Fuck Your Face was the ultimate bust out?

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2010, 02:00:35 PM

No!! That's not what we are referring to Sophist... We are referring to the actual call of Fuck your Face, Vultures and 1 more song all called in the same LST on 7/1... They played 3 unusual songs that were are called in that same LST on 7/2... Amazing coincidence... 
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

McGrupp

Quote from: mattstick on July 06, 2010, 02:10:37 PM

You really think Fuck Your Face was the ultimate bust out?

He did say it. But does he really think it.....

Mattstick: resident week4paug police

:police:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?