News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by antelope19, September 30, 2010, 10:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

I know there are a number of us on this board who have android phones.  Post about your favorite apps, free or not.  The real reason I'm starting this thread is because I just discovered "mspot".  It allows me to upload up to 2 gigs of my home library(directly out of itunes. It honestly couldn't have been any easier) to a "cloud" and I can then stream it on my phone.  Pretty sweet so far.  I know someone (willbreathes?) recently pointed me to the live music archive app which allows you to stream any show with streaming capability on the archive.  Also very nice.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

UncleEbinezer

Actually...it sounds pretty sweet!
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

antelope19

You know you want to drop your blackberry and get something more better.   :-D

kellerb

*bump*

Just made the plunge into smartphoneland; got an htc incredible last week.  Still barely touching the surface of this thing, there's so much to dig into.

apps I've downloaded:

astrid Tasks
AK Notepad
Dropbox
google goggles
barcode scanner

Gstrings (guitar tuner)

angry birds, trism (fake tetris)

Doubletwist (pulls itunes playlists to sync onto phone)

gmail/facebook/twitter/flickr/acrobat_reader are already installed/integrated.

Currently looking for:
Free app to EDIT excel/doc/txt files.
recommendations for list/note/productivity programs beyond the ones listed above.
alternate browser suggestions, preferably that can sync bookmarks w/ desktop versions

antelope19

I have heard the dolphin browser is pretty good.  Try that. 

I use the AK notepad all the time. 

mattstick

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on November 15, 2010, 10:01:55 AM

This thread is really blowing up.

Why don't you go video chat with your GF or something.

:-P

Once the iphone comes to verizon next year, I'll def. be making the jump. 

McGrupp

Quote from: McGrupp on November 15, 2010, 09:20:52 AM
Figuring out how to tether my droid to my mac (it wasn't hard at all - just never tried).

Now I can have internet on my mac wherever I go, as long as I've got service on my phone, and a usb connection!

Verizon offers a monthly plan + software to be able to do this, but I figured out the free way  8-)

It's also really not that slow - def faster than browsing on my phone. I'm psyched!

The app is called PDAnet - you need to download/install it on your computer, then download the app from the android marketplace. It's pretty cool, although I just discovered it's not free after 14 days.

Might purchase it when the trial period expires...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

antelope19

Grabbed one last night called "Phish Phans"

:roll:

It's just a setlist database for every show, but you never know when that's going to come in handy when you're nerding it up at the bar with a fellow pauger.   :-D

antelope19

Bump

Saw last night that words With friends finally came over to the android platform

GBL

Went and picked up the new Evo Shift 4G phone a couple days ago and I gotta say I am really impressed.. iPhones can suck my balls, this phone pwns..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

antelope19

Quote from: GBL on February 17, 2011, 02:38:13 PM
Went and picked up the new Evo Shift 4G phone a couple days ago and I gotta say I am really impressed.. iPhones can suck my balls, this phone pwns..

I've heard some really good things as well. 

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: GBL on February 17, 2011, 02:38:13 PM

I totally want to get rid of my iPhone and get a Droid....just have 8 more months till an upgrade.

My concern though is listening to music. I got the iPhone so I wouldn't have to carry a phone and an iPod. Do you listen to music on the phone?

whyweigh5.0

I have this app called doubletwist.  I can add music from my itunes to my android phone over wifi.  No wires is nice.  I can be sitting out in the living room and add a playlist from itunes to my phone in about a minute :music:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

whyweigh5.0

can wait for the OS upgrade that should be coming out soon for my phone too.  FLASH!!
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/