News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Boys and Girls Club

Started by antelope19, February 13, 2007, 09:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Hi all,
I have just recently started volunteering for a branch of the Boys and Girls Club here in Annapolis.  We are a non-profit organization whose goal is to gain the support of the somewhat younger generation.  We want to get young people to reach out and volunteer, donate $$$ money, clothes, food, and run some fundraisers ourselves.  We are called the "Young Advocates for the Boys and Girls Club" and I have been nominated to head up our marketing department.  I was told to start looking around at inexpensive ways to host/develope a website.  I am just getting started on this so any suggestions are welcome.  Since we are a non-profit, our budget is limited.   :|
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Caravan2001

+k for the volunteering....nice effort, and it's a good program.

Guyute

Love the Boys and Girls Club.  Practically lived at the Boys Club growing up.

As for the website, do you have a good college near by?  One near where I used to live hosted a website for an organization before.  Doesn't take much bandwidth nor resources for something like that.  Then it was either the work study or one of the classes wrote and managed the site too.  It was a nice win win, charity got what they needed and students received practical experience.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.