News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New LivePhish Release - 9-18-99 Chula Vista, CA

Started by Hicks, June 15, 2018, 12:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

hellz yeah this tube was on one of those live baits, its a great version. That boogie is nice too. Solid pick.

August

It's been a while, but this Boogie On always seemed just super repetitive to me.

August

SER, tho.
9-12 would be such a well rounded release.
Or 9-22

Hicks

Quote from: August on June 15, 2018, 12:12:52 PM
SER, tho.
Or 9-22

My theory is that they haven't released Portland because Trey sounds high as a kite. 

Las Cruces would be nice though, AUDs are not very good. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

cactusfan

Quote from: August on June 15, 2018, 12:12:52 PM
SER, tho.
Or 9-22

No kidding. All the amazing fall '99 shows they've yet to bother with, and we get this show? One of the weakest of the tour.

mbw

this is one of the first shows I burned to disc from nugs.

susep

Give us a scorching Summer '99 show ie. 07/08/99. 

mistercharlie

I've always really liked this show and I am very happy to finally have a nice sbd of it!  :music:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Marmar

Not a fan of 99....some of the sloppiest playing up to that point.....

There are literally a thousand other shows I would have considered before this repetitive, boring trash....literally, a thousand.....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: mbw on June 15, 2018, 02:52:18 PM
this is one of the first shows I burned to disc from nugs.

Same.  This Tweezer is one of my all-time favorites.  It's just so patient, relaxed, and structured.  Playing with a purpose and direction.  It was released as a Live Bait too sometime last year. 

Quote from: mopper_smurf on June 16, 2018, 01:45:13 AM
Man, that Cavern is kinda slow.

So is Tube!  May be the slowest Tube?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

aphineday

The Tweezer was a little slow for me, but it had some nice parts for sure. The Boogie was definitely repetitive, but I could do ok with it. About to rock the rest of the second set during my run.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mattstick

The 5 minutes of Meatstick with just Page and Fish is painful, and I thought would have been enough to disqualify this from a release

August

I heard that they just throw at a dartboard now.