News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New LivePhish Release - 9-18-99 Chula Vista, CA

Started by Hicks, June 15, 2018, 12:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

If they're looking for another late 1.0 era show to release, my go-to's would be 11/13/98, 10/8/99 or 12/11/99. 

Love this Tweezer though.  I like that the show is a good mix of big jams and songs, though.  You get one 20+ min jam, a couple 15 minute jams, and some solid other stuff.  I'm good.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

August

Dude.
I was at all three of those shows and they're some of the worst from those two years aside from 12-11
Cleveland Meat would be a good archives cut, tho.

cactusfan

Listening to this, I'm liking it better than I remembered liking it. The Tweezer is nice in that sheets of sound '99 way. Though for that kind of Tweezer, it's no 9/9/99. Which show would have been a better release.
As would have:
9/12
9/22
10/2

August

It seems like everyone always wants MOAR 99 and they've missed the mark with the ones that they have released, IMO.
12-16 is kinda garb. Tweezer is OK, but Sand makes the meat of that show and it's so boring.
Japan (I get that it was a benefit release) is pretty sloppy and has 94 minutes of guttural chanting.
Camden is another least favorite attended but does have that epic Chalk > Roggae. Rest goes inside of the garbage.
Boise is cool. Actually prefer the first set to the second, but it's a fan fave and it's the best LP from the year.

So! Let's see...
Maybe a Great Woods Box?!?
725!!!
928 would be perfect
10/2 is pretty underrated, but I'd like to see some of those ^^

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: August on June 17, 2018, 06:18:56 PM
It seems like everyone always wants MOAR 99 and they've missed the mark with the ones that they have released, IMO.
12-16 is kinda garb. Tweezer is OK, but Sand makes the meat of that show and it's so boring.
Japan (I get that it was a benefit release) is pretty sloppy and has 94 minutes of guttural chanting.
Camden is another least favorite attended but does have that epic Chalk > Roggae. Rest goes inside of the garbage.
Boise is cool. Actually prefer the first set to the second, but it's a fan fave and it's the best LP from the year.

So! Let's see...
725!!!
928 would be perfect

I can't believe 9/22 and 9/28 got passed over for this. I'm really glad for those that are enjoying this release, but, who in the hell makes these decisions?

Why not just put up a poll on their website with 3-5 shows from the tour they are thinking about, and let us pick?

Why not release the whole damn tour?

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mistercharlie

So! Let's see...
725!!!
928 would be perfect

Yes, please!! That's one of my favorite attended shows and the only one where I ended up second row center by the luck of the draw! That Whipping Post is pure amazing!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on June 17, 2018, 06:23:04 PM

Why not release the whole damn tour?

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Was kinda hoping for a Lemonwheel pick.  We are still in a fertile period for the band twenty years later.  08/12/98 was a nice nod, we need more Anniversary shows.     

cactusfan

So! Let's see...
725!!!
928 would be perfect

though i agree there are much better dec '99 shows than 12/16, that Sand has really grown on me since they put that one out. I've listened to it a lot, and though, yes, it's very slow to get moving, with like 6 minutes of space noises, taken as a whole, i think it really works.

7/25 would be amazing. i'm also a sucker for 7/7, a very dark and gritty show.

the second set of 10/2 is so on fire that ending it with Waste actually works. also, that's the best version of On Your Way Down they ever played.

PIE-GUY

After two times through I think this may be the worst official archival release ever. Not kidding.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

When my wife spots the whiffs, we've got problems.

mbw

It's their new strategy to make 3.0 sound better.

mattstick

August

mattstick

emay