News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/05 - The Gorge - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mattstick, August 06, 2011, 02:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Natural

Does anyone remember hearing someone say "check this out" into their mic, mid-jam, in this show; second set(?). Maybe Mike right before he hit a pedal or something?
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

cactusfan

this Rock And Roll > Meatstick kicks ass. and yes, Farmhouse is a bit odd here, but what a nice version.

VDB

I like that nowadays Walk Away is a mini-jam rocker, but I also liked when it would creatively segue out of other inspired jams. Doesn't seem to happen these days.
Is this still Wombat?

Mr. Natural

Interestingly, no one seems to mind the face-slap since it's followed by a col'beer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYXl8BLGobU&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1

We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

jam>

Funny how no one can seem to shotgun a beer in under 10 seconds.

Caravan2001

Possibly the best part of this whole night was when I got Hicks to do a balloon  :evil:

:beerbang:

Caravan2001

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 18, 2011, 10:32:21 PM
Possibly the best part of this whole night was when I got Hicks to do a balloon  :evil:

Yeah first balloon since Coventry, I just don't have the brain cells to spare for that anymore. . . 

but it was kinda fun
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on August 18, 2011, 11:18:28 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 18, 2011, 10:32:21 PM

Yeah first balloon since Coventry, I just don't have the brain cells to spare for that anymore. . . 

but it was kinda fun

That's what you said, but you know you had fun!

Caravan2001

Quote from: Mr. Natural on August 15, 2011, 07:34:02 PM
Does anyone remember hearing someone say "check this out" into their mic, mid-jam, in this show; second set(?). Maybe Mike right before he hit a pedal or something?

yes...not sure it wasn't the "check it out" part in Fluffhead, but they could have done it elsewhere too....

VDB

Every time I listen to Rock & Roll I feel compelled to come here and post some blathering plaudit. The last 2:15 of RnR is so spine-tinglingly good it's criminal. Mike's Sabotage-esque bass line is straight nasty.

I hate second-set Meatsticks as much as the next guy, but this is how it should be done.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

The R&R is awesome for any time period of Phish as far as I'm concerned.  Probably my favorite jam of 3.0
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 22, 2011, 11:16:41 PM
Every time I listen to Rock & Roll I feel compelled to come here and post some blathering plaudit. The last 2:15 of RnR is so spine-tinglingly good it's criminal. Mike's Sabotage-esque bass line is straight nasty.

I hate second-set Meatsticks as much as the next guy, but this is how it should be done.

That last two minutes when Fish drops into the Sabotage beat IS straight nasty....The whole time when I was there I was thinking they are about to bust into Sabotage...It would have HUGE for them to drop that..either way, the Meatstick is still a great version and the transition is sweet...But the Rock and Roll is so killer, def one of my fave 3.0 and any era jams.....I would put it toe to toe with any Rock and Roll, even Radio City....

Buffalo Budd

I know this is redundant at this point but holy shit, this RnR > Meatstick is soooooooo badass!!!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.