News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/05 - The Gorge - George, WA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mattstick, August 06, 2011, 02:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on August 22, 2011, 11:50:19 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 22, 2011, 11:16:41 PM
Every time I listen to Rock & Roll I feel compelled to come here and post some blathering plaudit. The last 2:15 of RnR is so spine-tinglingly good it's criminal. Mike's Sabotage-esque bass line is straight nasty.

I hate second-set Meatsticks as much as the next guy, but this is how it should be done.

That last two minutes when Fish drops into the Sabotage beat IS straight nasty....The whole time when I was there I was thinking they are about to bust into Sabotage...It would have HUGE for them to drop that..either way, the Meatstick is still a great version and the transition is sweet...But the Rock and Roll is so killer, def one of my fave 3.0 and any era jams.....I would put it toe to toe with any Rock and Roll, even Radio City....

If they had busted into Sabotage I seriously would have lost my mind, especially considering that I saw the B-Boys play it at the Gorge in 94, a moment that will forever be etched in my mind.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Today's ride to work music is going to be the RnR > Meatstick > Reggae Woman. It's been quite awhile since I listened to it, but I remember it being amazingly good.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 04, 2013, 04:30:15 AM
Today's ride to work music is going to be the RnR > Meatstick > Reggae Woman. It's been quite awhile since I listened to it, but I remember it being amazingly good.

Your memory serves you well.
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 04, 2013, 08:50:19 AM

Yep, that sequence still hold up to repeated listening.  I never get tired of that R&R.....

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 05, 2013, 01:46:28 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 04, 2013, 08:50:19 AM

Yep, that sequence still hold up to repeated listening.  I never get tired of that R&R.....

Me either. I listened to it again today on my drive to work.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.