News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things COMIC BOOKS

Started by mistercharlie, February 03, 2011, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

enjoyed the LEGION premiere.
i wonder how much they are going to actually tie into the Xmen mythos, especially with Professor X being his father.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 09, 2017, 12:59:42 AM
i wonder how much they are going to actually tie into the Xmen mythos, especially with Professor X being his father.

I thought it was a great episode. And I loved how I couldn't tell what time period it took place in. At first it seemed like the 60's-70's era (even the music fit this era) in the asylum, then it went all futuristic outside. And David's girlfriend being named after the original singer of Pink Floyd is a great nod.

Part of the score even sounded like it was ripped right out of Stranger Things.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 11, 2017, 11:09:33 AM

I thought it was a great episode. And I loved how I couldn't tell what time period it took place in. At first it seemed like the 60's-70's era (even the music fit this era) in the asylum, then it went all futuristic outside. And David's girlfriend being named after the original singer of Pink Floyd is a great nod.

yeah i was getting a pink floyd psychedelic era vibe even before they mentioned Syd when they were eplaying the Stones song- the one that jas the line" shes like a Rain-bow', cant think of the name.
excited for Ep 2
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 13, 2017, 06:26:33 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on February 11, 2017, 11:09:33 AM

yeah i was getting a pink floyd psychedelic era vibe even before they mentioned Syd when they were eplaying the Stones song- the one that jas the line" shes like a Rain-bow', cant think of the name.
excited for Ep 2

You were pretty close, it's called She's a Rainbow. It's on the 'Trippy' Stones album. I love Her Satanic Majesty.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

RIP George PĂ©rez

I had the pleasure of meeting him at a comic-con years ago and he sketched a Riddler form me and signed my copy of Green Lantern #132. He told me that was the very first piece of work he did for DC Comics, which was a pretty cool piece of surprise information.