News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/01/2017 - DICKS 1

Started by PIE-GUY, September 02, 2017, 01:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

09/01/2017 - DICKS 1

Set 1:

Blaze On, 555, Breath and Burning, Theme from the Bottom > Free, Tube, Roggae, More

Set 2:

No Men In No Man's Land > Carini > Ghost, Harry Hood, Cavern

Encore: The Horse > Silent In The Morning, Character Zero

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Caught most of Set 2. That Carini > Ghost didn't suck
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Preserving a copy of this before I clean it up.

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 02, 2017, 01:36:59 AM
09/01/2017 - DICKS 1

Set 1:

Blaze On, 555, Breath and Burning, Theme from the Butt~>Free, Tube, Roggae, More

Set 2:

NMINML*, Carini > Ghost > NMINML, Harry Hood, Cavern

Encore: Horse>SITM, Character Zero

* meh

Gumbo72203

least number of songs for 3.0? 

This felt like a 2.0 show haha.  Lots of great shit, lots of sloppy playing.  That Tube was.... interesting haha.  Great jam though!  Not sure what happened on that blues thing. 

Caught most of NMINML before I fell alseep and it seemed a little uninspired until the end, but it was a good show.  Longest opening track for 3.0 I believe too, yes?  They've never jammed an opening track like this, even when it was Tweezer once or twice iirc.  Real excited to hear the rest of this.  I often don't like it when they string the big jam songs back-to-back-to-back like that so we'll see!!!

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mbw

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 02, 2017, 08:12:45 AM
I often don't like it when they string the big jam songs back-to-back-to-back like that so we'll see!!!

yeah, thats the worst.  Couldnt they play winterqueen or something instead?  Jeez.

aphineday

I thought it was a fun show from what I remember. I was exhausted (had gotten up at 4:30 on little sleep for a KSTL > CYYZ > KCAK day. I'll be re-listening today on my flight up to north Michigan. Should be in a better place tonight. I also snagged a bomber of Pumking, so I'll be all ready to roll.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

rowjimmy

Longest opening track for 3.0 I believe too, yes?  They've never jammed an opening track like this, even when it was Tweezer once or twice iirc. 

7/29 called to suggest that you stop making up stats.

Hicks

Jammiest but also sloppiest show I've seen in a while. 

I'll take a five song second set any day of the week, but Trey seemed a bit off during many of the composed sections.  The new theremin type sounds he is coaxing out of his effects board are cool. 

The lighting rig is amazeballs in person definitely one of the best I've seen by any band. 

I get why people love the "Dicks experience" good crowd vibe, easy to move around the venue, good beers and at least last night, drove right out of the lot. 

Tonight should be a ripper! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

birdman

First set seemed pretty uninspired from the couch. They turned things around by bringing the jams to the 2nd set, a little rust but you can hear they are ready to play.
Character zero? -20 points.
Looking forward to tonight's show. Should be a heater.
Paug FTMFW!

mistercharlie

Longest opening track for 3.0 I believe too, yes? 

10/14/2016 Petrichor show opener timed in at 18:21.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 02, 2017, 01:49:00 AM
They played Carini?  and Ghost?  Don't remember any of that.  Gotta pace myself for these late Colorado starts.

Marmar

QuoteI get why people love the "Dicks experience" good crowd vibe, easy to move around the venue, good beers and at least last night, drove right out of the lot.

Obviously didn't see the huge boxing match during set break.....one dude got sucker punched, and then mayhem ensued....saw it with my own eyes on the webcast screen....seems to me like the Dicks were at Dick's....

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Marmar

...about the show....

Slop fest.....but when it was on, it was ON.....the jamz do not disappoint.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mbw

Quote from: khalpin on September 02, 2017, 10:55:59 AM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 02, 2017, 01:49:00 AM
They played Carini?  and Ghost?  Don't remember any of that.  Gotta pace myself for these late Colorado starts.

:-D

Gumbo72203

Quote from: mbw on September 02, 2017, 08:34:30 AM
I often don't like it when they string the big jam songs back-to-back-to-back like that so we'll see!!!

yeah, thats the worst.  Couldnt they play winterqueen or something instead?  Jeez.

I'd prefer Dirt or Mountains but something to break the flow up is preferable to me.  That way, they set up the big jams a little better, rather than just BIG JAM!  BIG JAM!  ANOTHER BIG JAM!  They're not the Disco Biscuits.  This one did flow well, so it plays better than it looks to me on paper ;) 

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 02, 2017, 08:59:26 AM
Longest opening track for 3.0 I believe too, yes?  They've never jammed an opening track like this, even when it was Tweezer once or twice iirc. 

7/29 called to suggest that you stop making up stats.

Come again?  7/29/17 opened with Llama....

Also, go back to my phrasing.  Question marks and iirc's are asking for clarification.  Nowhere did I claim anything.  So sit down with your accusations ;) 

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 02, 2017, 10:18:20 AM
Longest opening track for 3.0 I believe too, yes? 

10/14/2016 Petrichor show opener timed in at 18:21.

Indeed!  Good to know!  This is why i asked haha
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again