News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RAQ?

Started by AfterMidnight, October 02, 2007, 09:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfterMidnight

Hey,
I'm thinking about checking these guys out, but it's a two hour drive is it worth it?

-Mark

Marmar

do you like guitar?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Marmar

given the right conditions, these guys can melt face......

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Marmar

and the real question is......

are you willing to drive 2hrs to take a chance and live a little?

AfterMidnight

i think i might live a little and make the drive. i'm kinda tried of everything i've been listening to lately. there's nothing that can really get me movin' like phish. i'm looking for a new phish but that's just not gonna happen.

redrum

we won 2 tix to see them in boston and still didn't dig it.

where's the show?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Hicks

GO!  These guys rule, is it worth the drive?  Put it this way I had a big job interview today at 10:00 and I still hit last nights show.  I cut out early because I had to crash, but they were tearing it up!

I wish I could go see them tomorrow in Eugene, another two hour drive, but its not meant to be.  If I didn't have to work I'd go down there in a second though.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

AfterMidnight

little club in l.a. this saturday. boston huh? i use to go to high school on the north shore. i'm moving back in the spring.

redrum

word. where are you moving to?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

AfterMidnight

I'm trying to get a job teaching high school photo in Beverly. Where are you at?

Caravan2001

yeah, I went last night with Hicks, and it was pretty sick.  They keep getting better and better.  I have probably seen them @ 20 times, and some times are better than others for sure, but they are killing it lately.  I'd say go for sure...I told Nab he should go to the Missoula show, but I don't know if he went or if he liked it.  I think they are way better than any of the other 'jam band' scene bands out there.  I mean, Panic is playing here tonight at the Coliseum and Raq played to 100 people last night?  Something's wrong here....

Wolfmansbabymama

you couldn't drag me to most jambands shows. I really like seeing Raq though.
Quote from: phan003 on April 18, 2007, 07:40:22 PM
Band Bashing and owning is a 5 step process.

nab

I saw them last week and enjoyed the hell out of myself despite going alone to a bar full of Heads That Don't Know S@#&.

Casey Lenahan

yes. go!
I just checked them out recently. an alright first set and then a 2nd set face melter
I owe Aug $20

Marmar

I remember the first time I saw these guys back in like 98-99.....

West Side Cheers in Bingo.....prolly, 20 people there.....they tore my face off, showed it to me, and put it back on my skull before the night was through.....