News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Have you heard about...? (Politics edition)

Started by VDB, November 30, 2010, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

guyforget

there have been conflicting reports regarding her passing, earlier reports that she was dead have been retracted to say that shes currently in surgery after being shot "point blank" in the head. 

reported 21yr old male in custody. 

someone on cnn now reconfirming her death, but news conference coming within the hour. 
-AD_

PIE-GUY

WTF is wrong with people? Who shoots a congresswoman? And "at least 6 others have died..." WTF?!?!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Scary stuff.  Look at this "map" with targets Sarah Palin issued.

mbw

:shakehead:

palin should be held accountable.

StCarl

Wow.  How does that image not say something about this?  Is this how it's going to go in the kind of country those people want us living in?  Yes, I am aware that I said "those people".  This is terrible.
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on January 08, 2011, 02:47:45 PM

Scary stuff.  Look at this "map" with targets Sarah Palin issued.

Image didn't show up for me.  attached below in case it got taken down.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 08, 2011, 02:45:46 PM
WTF is wrong with people? Who shoots a congresswoman? And "at least 6 others have died..." WTF?!?!

who shoots any person?

a 9 year old kid died
:shakehead:

the talking heads on the right have to realize that there are consequences to their rhetoric
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Tragic that people confuse violence with political discourse.

6 killed and 12 wounded...

One of the dead is a 9-year-old girl. another is a federal judge who had previously received death threats.

What a fucking monster.

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on January 08, 2011, 05:19:05 PM
the talking heads on the right have to realize that there are consequences to their rhetoric

Violent rhetoric begets violence but the violence itself will beget no verbalized remorse from those speakers.  Bank on that.

Poster Nutbag

Check out this article, really shows just how enticing some of this rhetoric really is... My GoD!! how far will they go to push this agenda that will bankrupt a nation, turn 90% of Americans into slave laborers, just so the the very wealthy can grow their already massive offshore tax fraud bank accounts to a even bigger absurd amount...   

http://firedoglake.com/2011/01/08/giffords-opponent-jesse-kelly-held-june-event-to-shoot-a-fully-automatic-m16-to-get-on-target-and-remove-gabrielle-giffords/
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

sls.stormyrider

Quote"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," the sheriff said. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

sls.stormyrider

from Michael Moores twitter
Quotef a Detroit Muslim put a map on the web w/crosshairs on 20 pols, then 1 of them got shot, where would he b sitting right now? Just asking.