News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/31 - MGM Grand Arena - Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, November 01, 2014, 04:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

i loved last night, but i'm not ready to say best halloween set ever.  the 94 and 95 shows were pretty epic.  even 96 and 09 were huge in my book because of album choice.

Augustus

Listened to Set 2 today on part of my run and thought it was excellent!
I wonder who originally presented the idea.
A lot of Plinko action (three songs?), bit the compositions sounded fresh.
Gonna watch it later.

They totes should have had Abe Vigoda be one of the zombies!
'Cause he's old!

Marmar

Ok...after relisten......

Set 2 is probably the best set Phish has played since their return. Period.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Marmar on November 02, 2014, 02:44:17 PM
Ok...after relisten......

Set 2 is probably the best set Phish has played since their return. Period.

Agreed.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Bobafett

'Twas awesome.  Listened to it again at work today...the Mexican workforce def was like wtf is this gringo listening too!  Pinche Benjamin!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Bobafett on November 02, 2014, 04:25:28 PM
'Twas awesome.  Listened to it again at work today...the Mexican workforce def was like wtf is this gringo listening too!  Pinche Benjamin!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

This Sand is pretty great also. I just played it while cooking dinner, dancing and chopping area fun mix.  :music:

cactusfan

For some mad reason I am now home, and not still in vegas to see what will likely be another killer show. sigh.

that Halloween set. fantastic. my brain is still melted. first ever Halloween themed Halloween show. i don't know how they ever top this one. but leave it to Phish to find a way...

WE ATTACK!

Caravan2001

That Halloween show was fucking insane.  After what I went through during that show, I'm afraid to listen to that second set.  Going to be a minute before I can wrap my head around it.  It was unreal.  If I had skipped that show I would have never forgiven myself.  I wouldn't say I had fun, but I did survive.  That show was more of a beatdown/bludgeoning.  I was getting pummeled by Trey left and right.

WhatstheUse?

Not much more to add that hasn't been said -- the Phish played a fantastic Halloween set.

Completely unique and original idea. I was absolutely blown away by the entire second set. The theatrics, the music, the stage set up (it was so badass how fishman had his back to the crowd -- kinda seemed like he was directing the band) -- I really loved every second of it.

I'll admit, The third set may have fell short a bit, but at the time I was on cloud 9 after sets 1&2 and really was just enjoying the show.

Easily my favorite of the 4 Halloween shows I've attended. Really, it's not even close. Yeah phish.
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

I thought  the 3rd set was super good.  Will need to relisten, but I was feeling it for sure.  That Sand was redic, and the backdoor Tweeprise was redic too.  Frankenstein was nuts.  First encore was a little odd, but knowing the lyrics really make it hit home. Even Guyute, a song I can't normally stand was played well.  Hicks and I were raging the floor, at least for the 3rd set.  I spent the second set cowering alone under some bleachers.  Really.

Gundo

There are so many of those new tunes that I love. I REALLY hope they hold on to the first track, The Haunted House. I've had a huge itch for some really scary Phish lately and that tune scratched it good. Would have freaked me out if I was there. I'd also like to see The Birds stick around too.

rowjimmy

I enjoyed the jamming in the third but, I can't sit here and let you praise the playing of that Guyute.

Though I can imagine enjoying it if I were in the room under ideal conditions...

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 02, 2014, 11:19:06 PM
I thought  the 3rd set was super good.  Will need to relisten, but I was feeling it for sure.  That Sand was redic, and the backdoor Tweeprise was redic too.  Frankenstein was nuts.  First encore was a little odd, but knowing the lyrics really make it hit home. Even Guyute, a song I can't normally stand was played well.  Hicks and I were raging the floor, at least for the 3rd set.  I spent the second set cowering alone under some bleachers.  Really.

How much L did you consume?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Marmar

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 02, 2014, 11:19:06 PM
I thought  the 3rd set was super good.  Will need to relisten, but I was feeling it for sure.  That Sand was redic, and the backdoor Tweeprise was redic too.  Frankenstein was nuts.  First encore was a little odd, but knowing the lyrics really make it hit home. Even Guyute, a song I can't normally stand was played well.  Hicks and I were raging the floor, at least for the 3rd set. I spent the second set cowering alone under some bleachers.  Really.

Did ya eat the brown acid or what? I can't imagine you being afraid of Phish....  :crazy:
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.