News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Official 2k8-2k9 NHL Thread

Started by willsteele, October 10, 2008, 09:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willsteele

Season started last night....if you don't count the Euro games as the official start.  I'm hyped.

I was a little surprised to see Detroit go down to the Leafs last night.  Nice work Leafs.  ha   :clap:

Go Hawks.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Mr Minor

The Redwings Leafs game was painful.  I am sure Mattstick is happy though.  We'll get em next time...

mattstick

sorry I didn't comment on the game sooner guys, I was planning the Stanley Cup parade route in Toronto.

rowjimmy

Detroit!  :-(

Big ups for Vancouver, though.

tet

i'm just psyched that the Devils have some of their old champs back this year...  Holik will make a huge difference on that team.  it's his style of hockey (NY and ATL were not), so his age really isn't much of a concern at this point.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Mr Minor

Quote from: mattstick on October 10, 2008, 10:57:26 AM
sorry I didn't comment on the game sooner guys, I was planning the Stanley Cup parade route in Toronto.

Didn't Toronto beat Detroit in their first game last year?  How did that work out for them??  :-P

But seriously, there were multiple opportunities for Detroit to score.  And you can thank Osgood for that first goal.  Way to clear it to the other team- RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE NET.

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

willsteele

Quote from: Mr Minor on October 10, 2008, 01:22:09 PM
... And you can thank Osgood for that first goal.  Way to clear it to the other team- RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE NET.

I love it when that happens... to Detroit.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

rowjimmy

C
A
P
S
Caps! Caps! Caps!

Nice comeback & win over Pittsburgh tonight.

mattstick

Leafs/Rangers tonight has been really tight tonight - 0-0 with 1:30 to play!

mattstick

Well, we're going to the shootout...

The Leafs have a kid named Luke Schenn who is 18 years old!  Coach Wilson is playing him in the last minutes of games and he's coming up huge, blocking shots and making defensively responsible plays.  Word is he's going down after 9 games but the kid looks good.

First Leafs shutout against the Rangers since 1965.

willsteele

I'm really surprised that game was as tight as it was.

Also surprised the Hawks did so well last night against Vancouver.  Luongo has been lookin good.

mattstick

Gotta figure Luongo will be the goalie for Team Canada in 2010.

khalpin

A lot of talk about adding a second NHL team in Toronto.

mattstick

Quote from: khalpin on October 22, 2008, 01:37:09 PM
A lot of talk about adding a second NHL team in Toronto.

Yeah it's weird.  Not sure how I'll feel about that, on one side it would mean more hockey in this city which it could easily handle and support - but on the other hand Toronto is Leafs Nation.  People bleed blue & white here and another team would have a weird impact on that I'm sure. 

I bet it would be the generation of kids who are under 18 now that would switch allegiances, while the fans who've stood by this franchise since we were toddlers only to be frustrated almost every season would remain loyal.