News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

the OFFICIAL 2008 MLB thread

Started by mattstick, March 25, 2008, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Quote from: blatboom on October 22, 2008, 08:20:15 PM
the fucking Backstreet boys are murdering the national anthem  :x

Just hideous.

w00t! Chase Utley

mattstick

*  In 1993, the Phillies lost to the Blue Jays in the World Series.

* In 1983, the Phillies lost to the Orioles in the World Series.

* In 1950, the Phillies lost to the Yankees in the World Series.

* In 1915, the Phillies lost to the Red Sox in the World Series.

So if the Phillies lose in '08 to the Tampa Bay Rays they will have been beat in the World Series by EVERY team in the (current) AL East.

antelope19

Is that who that was?  I saw/listened to about 10 seconds of it and changed it back to the Auburn/WVU game.  Uggh, that was Rosanne Barr/Carl Lewis Bad.  ok, maybe not that bad, but you get the point.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

blatboom

Quote from: antelope19 on October 24, 2008, 01:42:08 PM

Is that who that was?  I saw/listened to about 10 seconds of it and changed it back to the Auburn/WVU game.  Uggh, that was Rosanne Barr/Carl Lewis Bad.  ok, maybe not that bad, but you get the point.   :-D

No, Backstreet Boys sang for game 1.  I don't know who sang last night, but iirc they did it straight-up.  The Backstreet boys pretty much reworked the whole damn thing which irks the shit out of me.

antelope19

So what do you all think about the game being postponed until Wednesday?  Think the rays have a better or worse chance now?  Obviously this disrupts the "flow" of the game, but does that benefit the Phils or the Rays?

blatboom

Quote from: antelope19 on October 28, 2008, 03:49:56 PM
So what do you all think about the game being postponed until Wednesday?  Think the rays have a better or worse chance now?  Obviously this disrupts the "flow" of the game, but does that benefit the Phils or the Rays?

getting Hamels off the mound is a huge advantage for the Rays.  Still, it's really weird that the Series is potentially going to be decided in a 3 inning sprint

mattstick

I think the Rays are going to win tonight or whenever this thing gets going again, then i think they will have some serious momentum going back to the 'Trop and they will win in Game 7.

If that happens it will probably be Bud Selig's final World Series as commissioner.  There was no way they should have played that game last night.

blatboom

aww, cut Bud some slack.  what's he ever screwed up before?

GBL

Well.. The Phillies do have the better bullpen.. I would like the series to go 7 but i think it'll be over tonight

Price will give up a 2 run homer to Utley in his 3rd inning of work
If this is love, I'm never going home..

blatboom

antelope19

Apparently those hats we're seeing with the extra flap were made special order for this world series because its so fuggin cold.  Kinda cool.

blatboom

I thought it was cool and all at first when the game started and everything was so magnified, but now this just doesn't feel right.  They never should have started that game.

mattstick

Congrats to the Phils! 

I already miss MLB action in my life. 

Bring on the Hot Stove League.

Phunkaddict

After My WHOLE life (what I can remember anyway) of die hard rooting for Philly sports teams, WE PHINALLY TAKE HOME A CHAMPIONSHIP! I can't even believe it really happened. Curse, what curse? The joy is just OVERWHELMING! I've always wanted to know what it feels like, and it's even better than I thought it would be. The emotions last night, stunned in disbelief, remembering all those summers growing up, watching all 162 games with my Dad and Brother. Having my 4 year old, Tyler, beg me to let him stay up and watch with me last night.... and be able to celebrate victory with him, made it all the more special. Can't wait for the Parade!

*No more nightmares of Joe Carter*
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

antelope19

Sports Radio 810 WHB in Kansas City reports that the Red Sox have traded Coco Crisp to the Royals in exchange for Ramon Ramirez.

Former Royals outfielder Brian McRae broke the story, but we're still waiting to see the move confirmed by other sources. Ramirez had an excellent rookie year for the Rockies in 2006 before struggling in 2007, but bounced back following a trade to the Royals last season, posting a 2.64 ERA and 70/31 K/BB ratio in 71 2/3 innings. Dealing for Crisp would leave the Royals with a very crowded outfield and could indicate that the team is on the verge of dealing Mark Teahen or David DeJesus.