News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Saddam to Hang for crimes against humanity

Started by ucusty, November 05, 2006, 09:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quotethat south park episode was mocking the theorists big time.

Dammit, I tried to express sarcasm on the internets again, and failed.

Marmar

Ok.....I usually don't get involved with political views or anything becasue I am a fuckin WACK JOB when it comes to this......I'll warn you now, I am going to make some very broad, very general, very umm.....how can I put this....offensive comments. So if you are easily offended, don't read this.....

BUT, that being said here's the view of a nut on Saddam.....

Removing him from power was the WORST possible thing we could have EVER done. Was he a bad guy?.....sure he was. Do I condone his tactics of control/torture/etc?....Yes and No. (now for the offensive part)

Removing him allowed the extremists to gain control of an area where they had absolutely NO CHANCE of ever getting a foothold. Saddam, and all his power hungry ideas, would NEVER have let an outside force into HIS country that would have threatened his sole possession of power in the country. He was the only one who had the BALLS and the INSANITY to keep the rest of the uncivilized ANIMALS at bay......If he was in power at this moment, I'd be willing to bet that if some radicals invaded his country and started blowing up people, or otherwise threatened his power base, he would personally have their heads on a stick to skull fuck every night before bedtime. His brutality kept the animals at bay....period. Now, with him out of the picture, you are going to see Iraq turn into another version of Iran.....possibly even worse than Iran......and what did the act of removing him from power effectively do? It made that country a breeding ground for fundamentalists to take hold and turn an already bad situation into something MUCH worse, and FAR more dangerous to the security of the USofA.......and for what? Oil.

Everyone remembers the Taliban and how "bad" they were right?.....little known fact that since the Taliban was SO strictly guided by Islamic Law, that opium (the main cash crop before the Taliban took control) was OUTLAWED. Herion production took a MASSIVE hit with them in power........BUT.........since drug smuggling is such a HUGE part of the US income, the CIA pushed for their removal from power so the farmers could start growing poppy again, and the CIA could get back all the money they were missing out on.

It's sad to say, but all the "peace and love" people need to wake up to the fact that when you are dealing with ANIMALS, sometimes VIOLENCE, BLOODSHED, TYRANNY, and HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS are the ONLY ways to keep a lid on things......and who the hell are "we" to say what you can do in your own country? If you want a law saying you gotta wear full head dresses and only expose your pinky finger of the right hand in your country.....then dammit, you should be able to....THAT is TRUE freedom.

Put yourselves into their shoes for a moment. They don't understand our laws/customs. Imagine what would go down if all of a sudden the world started knocking on OUR door saying "yeah...you know that law were such and such applies.....well we don't think its right, and now we're going to remove your government because of that if you don't change it."

Our country has become everything that we stand "against".......freedom? Only if you do it our way........Democracy?.......only if you do it our way.........We don't like what your government is doing becasue they aren't doing it the way "we" do....so we'll just invade and impose our values upon you.

We are the biggest bully on the planet, and I honestly can't WAIT for the time when all the lil kids we've been beating on band together and kick our ass outta the schoolyard......
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

DoW

who asked for Marmar's opinion anyway?
stick to Phish shows, something you know about.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

sls.stormyrider

well, he's got a point.
Power hates a vacuum. Sadaam killed anyone who had a shot at ever getting power. We removed Sadaam, sent the army home, told the remaining Baathists to go f***k off. So what happens? No clear leader, numerous sects ->civil war.

We shouldn't be there. If we were gonna go in we should have had more troops and a better thought out plan. Ironic as it seems, imo we were better off with him there than the current situation.

That all said, we did go there, he was removed, and even though I'm against capital punishment (now we're really gonna start something) I'm not the least bit upset that he's gonna hang.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sophist

QuoteIf you want a law saying you gotta wear full head dresses and only expose your pinky finger of the right hand in your country.....then dammit, you should be able to....THAT is TRUE freedom.
nope. 
the women are being forced to wear the garments, that is not freedom.  nice try  :wink:

QuotePut yourselves into their shoes for a moment. They don't understand our laws/customs.
this sort of moral relativism is a cancer to intellectual thought.  They don't understand because they have been deprived of intellectual freedom.  It's called being brain washed, we have the right to choose our fate, citizens of the middle east do not.

QuoteOur country has become everything that we stand "against".......freedom?
if it is so bad why haven't you left?  who is stopping you?

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Marmar

"nope.
the women are being forced to wear the garments, that is not freedom.  nice try  wink "

Exactly my point.....there's a law here that says if you are a male and you turn 18yrs of age, you MUST register for Selective Service. That's forcing me to do something I don't want.....therefore, it is not freedom.  :samurai: BUT.....it is "our" freedom. Think of "freedom" as different foods.....We are the Angus Steak, they might be the Falafel w/lamb kabobs.....and so on, etc.....

"this sort of moral relativism is a cancer to intellectual thought.  They don't understand because they have been deprived of intellectual freedom.  It's called being brain washed, we have the right to choose our fate, citizens of the middle east do not."

We have no more of a right to choose our fate than anyone else in the world. People are deprived of intellectual freedom for various reasons......hell, even here in the grand ol USA people are deprived of intellectual freedoms.....brain washing happens all around you every day without your knowing it......ever wonder why grocery stores have you travel in a counter-clockwise direction? (think about it....)  The government here has brainwashed the general populus into thinking that our way is the way it ought to be. Go against that train of thought and you are a terrorist or unpatriotic. Even under dictatorships, the people have a choice of their fate......choose to go along and play the game, or choose not to and live alternatively. This sort of thing is happening in China and North Korea as well......

"if it is so bad why haven't you left?  who is stopping you?"

It isn't that its so bad that it would make me want to leave......I still think this is one of the greatest places to be. Waste on demand. What I'm saying is sooner or later someone is going to get sick and tired of us imposing our will on everyone else......There's such a double standard when it comes to Us vs. Them. You had better do as the UN says or we'll come get you.......yet when the UN passes something aimed at us that we don't agree with, we; 1) ignore it, 2) play the "take my ball and go home" attitude "we provide you the buildings, and the headquarters...and we can take that away from you at any time.".........did you also know US soldiers can not be prosecuted for war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan? Bosnia? Yet what are we doing to Saddam?.......or 4) "We're the USA, we don't have to do anything you say....we can do what we want"

Sooner or later, this is all going to come back and bite us in the ass.......HARD..........the rest of the kids are gonna stand up to the bully and that's when shit is going to hit the fan. All I'm merely trying to bring to attention is that we shouldn't always be happy that we got the bad guy......there are times when you need the bad guy to help keep things running smoothly......and I know that sounds silly as can be, but it's the gods to honest truth.

:beers:
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.