News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Political Pot Thread

Started by Undermind, October 01, 2012, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 04, 2018, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: VDB on January 04, 2018, 02:10:01 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 04, 2018, 01:04:14 PM
To VDB's point, here's the GOP junior Senator from CO expressing a similar sentiment (albeit in a far less hilarious way)

Quote@SenCoryGardner
This reported action directly contradicts what Attorney General Sessions told me prior to his confirmation. With no prior notice to Congress, the Justice Department has trampled on the will of the voters in CO and other states

Quote@SenCoryGardner
I am prepared to take all steps necessary, including holding DOJ nominees, until the Attorney General lives up to the commitment he made to me prior to his confirmation.

Instead of asking Jeff nicely to look the other way on federal law and then acting shocked – SHOCKED – when he doesn't, how about just pass some different laws? These people do realize they are legislators, right?

It's been so long since they actually legislated instead of the grandstanding circle jerk they've been engaging in for the past decade I'm not sure they remember that.

Exactly, they don't remember how to legislate
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Continuing our tradition of sensible liberalization of the law, the Vermont state Senate today approved a bill legalizing possession of up to an ounce of cannabis, as well as up to two mature and four immature plants. No commercial market has been created; apparently the legislature favors a home-grow economy. Our mostly useless Rpublican gov has indicated he'll sign the bill into law.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

tet

well, it's not quite what the new governor was promising, but it's a good step - NJ has widely expanded the medical program in the past week, allowing more chronic pain users and those suffering from anxiety and migraines.  they also got rid of the ridiculous doctor registry requirements. 

very soon, i imagine this will be me:

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mbw

Relevant to our interests at about 4:35

ytowndan

I just watched that this morning and got a kick out of it. 

That Jordan Peterson guy, though.  Christ.  Some of his arguments were creeping dangerously close to the kind of anti-intellectualism you see in right wing circles. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on June 19, 2018, 10:03:44 PM

WE DID IT

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate-passes-government-pot-bill-1.4713222

Good on ya.

This Trudeau tweet though:

QuoteIt's been too easy for our kids to get marijuana - and for criminals to reap the profits. Today, we change that. Our plan to legalize & regulate marijuana just passed the Senate.

Of course, what made those people "criminals" was not that they were giving weed to kids particularly, but that they were selling weed to anyone at all. So down with those dirty criminals but hey congratulations to us for righting the injustice that was marijuana criminalization.
Is this still Wombat?

anthrax

mattstick

It's not well worded and I'm not defending it per se, but there are definitely criminal organizations that traffic cannabis because it's profitable, as one of several illegal activities they undertake.  I think he's referring to the organized crime elements?

I was going to complain about the fact that US border guards will probably ask potential Canadian tourists lots of questions about using Cannabis but given everything happening right now that's some serious white privilege shit.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mattstick on June 19, 2018, 10:33:08 PM
It's not well worded and I'm not defending it per se, but there are definitely criminal organizations that traffic cannabis because it's profitable, as one of several illegal activities they undertake.  I think he's referring to the organized crime elements?

I was going to complain about the fact that US border guards will probably ask potential Canadian tourists lots of questions about using Cannabis but given everything happening right now that's some serious white privilege shit.

Yup.  :frustrated:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.