News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Star Wars vs. Inception

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

mistercharlie

Inception blows donkeys!!! Just an all around horrible movie.

If A New Hope loses even one vote to that piece of maggot infested horse plop, I'll lose all hope for mankind.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gundo

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 08, 2012, 05:19:47 AM

If A New Hope loses even one vote to that piece of maggot infested horse plop, I'll lose all hope for mankind.
ditto

VDB

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 08, 2012, 05:19:47 AM

I'm inclined to vote Inception now just to tweak MC.  :evil:  But I did enjoy it.

And just to be clear, are we voting for the version with or without Jabba?
Is this still Wombat?

phil

Not that it would sway my vote (because honestly I'd vote for Mouse Hunt over Inception) but I'm assuming we're talking about A New Hope here?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

VDB

Quote from: phil on May 08, 2012, 09:15:56 AM
Not that it would sway my vote (because honestly I'd vote for Mouse Hunt over Inception) but I'm assuming we're talking about A New Hope here?

I take it you're a big Nathan Lane fan.
Is this still Wombat?

cactusfan

we're talking Star Wars. that one that came out in '77. which lucas hasn't completely buried yet. though he's getting there.

mistercharlie

Quote from: cactusfan on May 08, 2012, 01:17:33 PM
we're talking Star Wars. that one that came out in '77. which lucas hasn't completely buried yet. though he's getting there.

A.K.A. A New Hope
A.K.A. Episode IV
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Though I did enjoy Inception a good bit (haters be damned), and even though ANH is my least favorite of the original trilogy, at the end of the day I cannot vote against one of the defining films of my lifetime.
Is this still Wombat?

barnesy305

Btw, for any of the Star Wars heads who haven't heard of Kurosawa, check out The Hidden Fortress. A New Hope was heavily influenced by it.

gah

Yeah, I dug Inception a lot too, but still...

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 08, 2012, 02:03:37 PM
Though I did enjoy Inception a good bit (haters be damned), and even though ANH is my least favorite of the original trilogy, at the end of the day I cannot vote against one of the defining films of my lifetime.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

zimbra

Can't believe somebody voted against ANH.  :samurai:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio