News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2011-2012

Started by khalpin, March 23, 2011, 08:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

rowjimmy

But will there be any kickoffs?

mistercharlie

I can't wait to, if it even happens, go downtown this year and enjoy all the Super Bowl festivities. I've seen plans for what they intend to do to Downtown Indy to make it more hospitable in the freezing ass February weather. Should be a helluva time. Now all we need is for the contract disputes to be settled and once that happens we just need for the Colts to keep more than half their starters off of the injured list and maybe Indy can play a Super Bowl on their home field.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

I wonder what they would do if the season was cancelled.  Would Indy get the 2013 Super Bowl and everyone gets bumped back a year, or would you guys just be beat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: khalpin on March 23, 2011, 11:22:01 AM
I wonder what they would do if the season was cancelled.  Would Indy get the 2013 Super Bowl and everyone gets bumped back a year, or would you guys just be beat?

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/football/2011/03/23/17723641.html
Quote"We are determined to not let our planning be affected at all because even if it takes a while eventually we think there will be a deal and we need the time to be ready so it's full speed ahead," Mark Miles, chairman of the 2012 Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee, told Reuters in a recent interview.

"Plus, we understand that so long as there is a season, and a season doesn't necessarily mean the normal length of season, there will be a Super Bowl."

The uncertainty over the NFL's 2011 season and the ensuing title game played in 2012 stems from a dispute between the league and the players' association (NFLPA) over how to split more than $9 billion in revenue.

At stake for the city of Indianapolis, which has not hosted a Super Bowl before, is a potential windfall that some experts believe could reach $400 million.

According to Miles, under a worst-case scenario where the Super Bowl is not played in 2012, Indianapolis would be given the next unawarded championship game, which would be in 2015 after New Orleans in 2013 and New York/New Jersey in 2014.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

^^^ Solid research there mrc.  :clap:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

aphineday

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 23, 2011, 10:41:42 AM
I can't wait to, if it even happens, go downtown this year and enjoy all the Super Bowl festivities. I've seen plans for what they intend to do to Downtown Indy to make it more hospitable in the freezing ass February weather. Should be a helluva time. Now all we need is for the contract disputes to be settled and once that happens we just need for the Colts to keep more than half their starters off of the injured list and maybe Indy can play a Super Bowl on their home field.
I'm almost definitely going to try to get to Indy for this. Probably the closest that a SB will come to me. Also, Lucas Oil Stadium is kick ass ;) Indy will be off the hook for the week.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mistercharlie

Quote from: aphineday on March 23, 2011, 03:46:24 PM
I'm almost definitely going to try to get to Indy for this. Probably the closest that a SB will come to me. Also, Lucas Oil Stadium is kick ass ;) Indy will be off the hook for the week.

Have you been there before? It is an awesome place, and they serve a locally brewed IPA for the same price as Bud and Bud Lite!!

aphineday

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 23, 2011, 03:48:04 PM

Have you been there before? It is an awesome place, and they serve a locally brewed IPA for the same price as Bud and Bud Lite!!
Yeah took the tour when I was flying at Eagle Creek a lot last year. Totally awesome news about the IPA though!! Now we just need to find a solid hook up on the ticket situation, and we'll have one hell of a party. Indianapolis vs. Green Bay 2012.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mistercharlie

Quote from: aphineday on March 23, 2011, 03:50:39 PM

Yeah took the tour when I was flying at Eagle Creek a lot last year. Totally awesome news about the IPA though!! Now we just need to find a solid hook up on the ticket situation, and we'll have one hell of a party. Indianapolis vs. Green Bay 2012.
That would be an awesome game.

antelope19

A Cleveland area businessman and PSL holder is suing the Browns and the other 31 NFL teams for violating his private seat license contract with the lockout.
And his argument makes a lot of sense, asking the courts to prohibit a lockout that will keep him out of his rented seat space. "The owners and players can't decide what to do with an extra billion dollars between them," Lanci said. "I have the perfect solution. That one billion should go to all cities that gave them money to build football stadiums they couldn't afford to build. This would give these cities badly needed tax relief."

Can't really argue with this guy.....
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 23, 2011, 03:53:36 PM
Quote from: aphineday on March 23, 2011, 03:50:39 PM

That would be an awesome game.

phil

I miss football. It makes me cringe to think that I'll be stuck with baseball highlights polluting ESPN all summer.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mistercharlie

Quote from: phil on March 26, 2011, 12:46:35 AM
I miss football. It makes me cringe to think that I'll be stuck with baseball highlights polluting ESPN all summer.

ESPN exists outside of football season?!?

phil

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 26, 2011, 06:56:47 AM
Quote from: phil on March 26, 2011, 12:46:35 AM

ESPN exists outside of football season?!?

It's excusable until the end of the NBA finals, then it just becomes a cesspool of snoozeball recaps...last year was tolerable because of the world cup but I'd rather shoot myself than watch sportscenter in the summer, it seems like they talk about baseball for hours at a time
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?