News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Boy Meets World - Shawn Hunter: Deadhead

Started by Gumbo72203, September 13, 2012, 09:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Interesting demographic phenomenon here, it seems if you were born after 1980 Boy Meets World is an excellent show.

If you weren't then you know that the only show with a Savage worth watching is The Wonder Years.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

84'er here.  Boy meets world sucks imo. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

I have never seen this show.

This advertisement does not encourage me to change that part of my life.

Hicks

Quote from: sophist on September 13, 2012, 11:08:11 AM

We'll go ahead and make you an honorary member of the "born in the 70s" club.

Congrats, you are now officially an old fuck in terms of mental age.   :-)
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

sweet.  I can't wait to fall asleep during sex from being so old. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

kellerb

Quote from: Hicks on September 13, 2012, 11:12:01 AM
Quote from: sophist on September 13, 2012, 11:08:11 AM

We'll go ahead and make you an honorary member of the "born in the 70s" club.

Congrats, you are now officially an old fuck in terms of mental age.   :-)

WHOA now, matters of membership have to be voted on.  Do we even have a quorum?

Hicks

Quote from: sophist on September 13, 2012, 11:17:36 AM

Sex? 

Don't know what that is.

VDB

Quote from: Hicks on September 13, 2012, 11:25:09 AM
Quote from: sophist on September 13, 2012, 11:17:36 AM

Sex? 

Don't know what that is.

Don't lie, Hicks. You're still making babies. Must be doing something right.
Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on September 13, 2012, 10:13:49 AM

I just can't imagine a world where I would wake up in the morning and immediately queue up a 90s(?) pre-teen TV comedy on YouTube, then tell people on the internet that I did that.

Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on September 13, 2012, 11:05:45 AM
Interesting demographic phenomenon here, it seems if you were born after 1980 Boy Meets World is an excellent show.

If you weren't then you know that the only show with a Savage worth watching is The Wonder Years.

True.  Plus Winnie Cooper was my childhood crush.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 13, 2012, 11:08:25 AM
I have never seen this show.

This advertisement does not encourage me to change that part of my life.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Gumbo72203

I just can't imagine a world where I would wake up in the morning and immediately queue up a 90s(?) pre-teen TV comedy on YouTube, then tell people on the internet that I did that.

Nooo no, its on TV.  There play 3 or 4 episodes on.... i forget what channel, but when the Dead shirt came on I hit info to see what the episode was called, and then pulled that episode up on Youtube so that I could get a screen shot, because I searched google and couldn't find a previously-existing picture of him wearing it. 

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Hicks on September 13, 2012, 11:05:45 AM

I'm glad its not on, because that would be a tough choice; both shows are excellent. 

And I seriously don't understand why NOBODY here has gotten excited over a Grateful Dead reference made on a sitcom modeling upper-middle class America. 

Its just a cool thing.  Would you all seriously have nothing but negative comments if it were a Phish shirt? 

Granted, it always seems to be the delinquint, because Hyde has worn Dead shirts at least once on That 70's Show. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 13, 2012, 04:05:34 PM

Nooo no, its on TV.  There play 3 or 4 episodes on.... i forget what channel, but when the Dead shirt came on I hit info to see what the episode was called, and then pulled that episode up on Youtube so that I could get a screen shot, because I searched google and couldn't find a previously-existing picture of him wearing it.

That hole you are digging, it's getting deeper.

gah

Quote from: Hicks on September 13, 2012, 04:09:34 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 13, 2012, 04:05:34 PM

That hole you are digging, it's getting deeper.

:shakehead:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.