News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish: Riviera Maya, Feb 21-23, 2019

Started by shoreline99, September 10, 2018, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

Just saw that Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds grabbed Presidents Day weekend at Rivera Maya. Really? LOL
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 11, 2018, 02:13:48 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 11, 2018, 07:43:16 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 10, 2018, 10:49:54 PM
I will be watching the streams from Costa Rica.  Could be worse. Stoked for all that go.

We're missing eachother in CR by about 3 weeks.

Bummer.  We are going up to the Nicoya this time (Santa Teresa/Montezuma).  Have not been up that way before.  Where are you guys going?

This is only our 2nd time and we're hitting the Guanacaste area. Renting a house on Playa Grande in Las Baulas National Marine Park.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 12, 2018, 02:49:47 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 11, 2018, 02:13:48 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 11, 2018, 07:43:16 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 10, 2018, 10:49:54 PM
I will be watching the streams from Costa Rica.  Could be worse. Stoked for all that go.

We're missing eachother in CR by about 3 weeks.

Bummer.  We are going up to the Nicoya this time (Santa Teresa/Montezuma).  Have not been up that way before.  Where are you guys going?

This is only our 2nd time and we're hitting the Guanacaste area. Renting a house on Playa Grande in Las Baulas National Marine Park.
Nice.  I am not familiar with Guanacaste. Sounds awesome. We usually go down the Pacific Coast, stop in Dominical to see our friends and head all the way to the bottom to the Osa where my wife used to live and we still have a little land down there.  Have a great time.

zimbra

For those that have gone before....is one resort better than the others?  My only complaint about all inclusive resorts are the quality of food and beverages is lacking....
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Caravan2001

Quote from: zimbra on September 16, 2018, 11:15:23 PM
For those that have gone before....is one resort better than the others?  My only complaint about all inclusive resorts are the quality of food and beverages is lacking....

Yeah, for sure.  If you want good food, you are going to have to stay at one of the more expensive resorts.  It comes down to whether or not you want the convenience of staying on site and having bad food or taking a shuttle every night which bites but having good food.  It's also a lot more money.  My friends stayed at the Fairmont and said it was dope, but that's not offered this year I think.  If you stay at Barcelo, the Palace is a step up, and you can still use their restaurants if you are in regular Barcelo.  Palace is sweet but it is a 20 minute walk to the venue.  We stayed in the suck Barcelo but it was the cheapest and it was 5 minute to the venue which was nice.  Te food sucks but you only eat once a day.  The people that were getting sick were the idiots that were eating hamburgers.  I just ate bagels and pasta and bananas and it was fine.  We also went one day to Tulum in a car and got some actual food which was great.

runawayjimbo

Palace all day. Food is better (restaurants exclusive to Palace were really good and buffet style food seemed to be higher quality too) but really nothing beats the piano bar post show. Place is jumping all night and there's a lot of talented MFers out there. Sure, it's a little further walk but you're walking along the ocean so it's not the worst thing in the world.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 16, 2018, 11:30:33 PM

Yeah, for sure.  If you want good food, you are going to have to stay at one of the more expensive resorts.  It comes down to whether or not you want the convenience of staying on site and having bad food or taking a shuttle every night which bites but having good food.  It's also a lot more money.  My friends stayed at the Fairmont and said it was dope, but that's not offered this year I think.  If you stay at Barcelo, the Palace is a step up, and you can still use their restaurants if you are in regular Barcelo.  Palace is sweet but it is a 20 minute walk to the venue.  We stayed in the suck Barcelo but it was the cheapest and it was 5 minute to the venue which was nice.  Te food sucks but you only eat once a day.  The people that were getting sick were the idiots that were eating hamburgers.  I just ate bagels and pasta and bananas and it was fine.  We also went one day to Tulum in a car and got some actual food which was great.

Pretty much this.

Barcelo is by def the most convenient all around but the food was not awesome.
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 17, 2018, 09:53:33 AM

Palace all day. Food is better (restaurants exclusive to Palace were really good and buffet style food seemed to be higher quality too) but really nothing beats the piano bar post show. Place is jumping all night and there's a lot of talented MFers out there. Sure, it's a little further walk but you're walking along the ocean so it's not the worst thing in the world.

Yeah, the beach walk is no big deal and the piano bar is awesome and is still cranking as the sun comes up.  The only time the walk is bad is if you have to walk back to reg Barcelo after said sun has come up.  If you are staying there and only have to do the walk once after the show, it's fine.  It's the return trip after raging that got a little old for me.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 17, 2018, 03:11:30 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 17, 2018, 09:53:33 AM

Yeah, the beach walk is no big deal and the piano bar is awesome and is still cranking as the sun comes up.  The only time the walk is bad is if you have to walk back to reg Barcelo after said sun has come up.  If you are staying there and only have to do the walk once after the show, it's fine.  It's the return trip after raging that got a little old for me.

Ahh yeah, I can see how that would suck. I just had to stumble a couple feet to my bed. Still got lost the first night tho.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sunrisevt

Anyone else hearing rumors that this might be the last time they do Mexico?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

anthrax

Quote from: sunrisevt on October 07, 2018, 10:50:59 AM
Anyone else hearing rumors that this might be the last time they do Mexico?

it would make sense.  the novelty has warn off and the 2019 version didn't even sell out right away.  time to think of something new.

sunrisevt

So that, plus my new job and the fat paychecks that come with, have me leaning towards going. Anyone wanna go in on a room? I snore but I'm cute and I shower daily.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Caravan2001

The contract was always for 3 stands there.  Would be doubtful if they go back.  But that means they'll find somewhere new to go!  It's so good, I would go for sure if I didn't have a trip planned already.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

Hicks

I thought most of the resorts were sold out?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.