News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Mix Contest II

Started by rowjimmy, July 14, 2005, 01:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Here We Go Again!

As promised, I've made another mix for your (and my) entertainment pleasure.
I wonder if it'll be easier or harder to guess this time out.

The Contest:
Identify, as much as possible, the titles and dates of the material in the mix.

I'll start you out:

01 HaHaHa (????-??-??) >[/list:u]

Notice, this time I'm not telling you how many segments there are...
    But, as before, I will tell you this:
    There maybe shows which are represented more than once and, the same (or different) performance of one or more songs may make multiple appearances.

Scoring:
    1 point for the title*
    1 point for each the year/month/date
    .5 point for just the season or tour

Max Possible points = ??

*Everybody starts with 1 point.[/list:u]

The Person who has posted in here or via PM with the most accurate** guess by 12pm EDT on Tuesday, August 2nd will win the prize.

Comments from non-playing, casual listeners are, obviously welcome and encouraged. I've dug this one a lot and it is definately different from the last...

So now, the link (If the first doesn't work try one of the others):

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3ICMN346IBXH11DYATQI5KVEF6
    Mirror 1
    http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21323ENRGDEAB0C5FNBJHEF56Z
    Mirror 2
    http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2C0N1QONHWQK90YJY56ZJPH11Q

The Prize:
    One month of unlimited access to my FTP server which has, a crapload of stuff that, in my not so humble opinion, all kicks ass.
    Also, Gloating rights (jedifunk, our reigning champ, can attest the the worthiness (or lack thereof) of the prizes.) One also might consider the wise words which tell us "the journey is the prize."

That said, Have fun and Enjoy.

**The last winner had less than 70% accuracy which was still quite impressive. So don't be intimidated if you can't get it all.

oh, if you missed the last contest, see here:
    http://www.week4paug.net/viewtopic.php?t=1419

jephrey

SCHWING!  I hope to put more effort in.  I liked trying to figure that last one out even though I really sucked at it.

HaHaHa

Jephrey
    There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

oh i see, now your dissing me rowjimmy ;)  i did quite well, and could have done better.  now you've just ticked me off!  100% here i come!!!  j/k, no guarantee's here.  thanks for this, these are fun and the last one was super sick!  looking forward to this.
    Much Respect
    (the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
    "Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
    - Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Notice I said that it "was still quite impressive".  I said that more to encourage folks who might think that they are not up to the task...

August

eeewwwww yeah....
    macho man randy savage!
    aug.

August

this one is much harder than the first.
    i nailed down two so far.
    glad i have a little more time to work this out.
    i have a pad at my pc and one in my car to help work out ideas.
    thanks for the oppurtunity, rowjimmy.
    augusten.

August

btw, for anyone playing, there are 13 tracks and three from post hiatus......
    figured i would throw out what i know so far...... :wink:
    good luck to all,augusten.

jedifunk

well, i havent gotten through the whole thing yet, but i gotta say this one is WAAAAAY different from the 1st one.  much much darker/evil.... more rock'n'roll, less funk.  very dark and sinister... me likey!!! ;)

also, this one is much much harder (at least for me).
    - its a much wider mix of stuff (did you cull from far & wide or just whats on your HD???)
    - more stuff from outside my comfort zone (which is good, as i need to learn some of these other jams)

good luck everyone & thanks again rowjimmy.  its inspired me... i'll hopefully be release my 1st contest this weekend!
    Much Respect
    (the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
    "Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
    - Trey Anastasio

jonyem

Ooh, downloading right now.
    This'll be fun.
    Even if I only get the one point given, I'm gonna enjoy it, and really dig hard.
    Really gets my geek up.

jephrey

The jam segments are definitely harder to place in a certain song.  One of them, I think #4, I know I've heard but I just can't remember the song.  BTW, is this open to covers?  Or is that not going to be told either?

Jephrey
    There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

Simply put, if Phish played it. It's fair game.

As for jedi's question, I'm going to leave that unanswered. :twisted:

Glad you guys like it.

Oh and just to tease you all a little bit, My next mix has one song: Stash.
    I've been putting together tracks for it (still am and thanks the jedi for some uploads) for a week now and by monday, I should be ready to start laying it down. This won't be a contest, just a tasty, long, lucious Stash for your downloading pleasure... It'll be a trick keeping it under 80 minutes.

cleech74

Gonna listen to this at work today.  Oooooooh, it sounds like fun!
    "...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

sls.stormyrider

Wow!!! If anyone needs to hear proof that no one can jam like Phish, this is it. Gonna keep workin on it-can't wait to hear the next one. Thanks, man, and Happy Anniversary.
    "toss away stuff you don't need in the end
    but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
    "It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

Very cool idea, the mix came out sounding great.  I'm all about editing jams so this fits my bag.  Peace and thank you, good luck everyone.

August

brooke burke gave me all of my answers.
    brooke and i did all of 98 together.
    ...if this tent is a 'rockin'.....
    augusten.