News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

decisions on song pages

Started by tet, August 12, 2006, 11:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

OK, do we make an "Axilla I" and "Axilla II" pages?  or just one "Axilla" explaining different endings?  what about shows where the endings of one were played with another, do we note that, and if so, how?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Marmar

That's a tough one.....

Cuz then you get into deciding about songs that got played with totally different music behind the lyrics.....Wilson/Cavern.....etc......
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

tet

yeah, but Axilla is a pretty unique one.  Cavern with different lyrics should be noted in the far right column of the time the special version was played.  Axilla changed a lot over the years... 

i mean, we're gonna have 2 different pages for The Curtain and The Curtain With, aren't we?
-Phish

jedifunk

what about a song like twist?  that changed alot over the years... yeah it was the same song, but it got reworked....

or fog that surrounds/taste
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

fog that surrounds/taste is the same song.  but Axilla was really 2 different songs that got mixed together... 
-Phish

tet

twist is still twist. 

wooo!!! :banana:
-Phish

jedifunk

i dont think they were 2 different songs... they are/were a blend of different ideas
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

ok.  so on the details section of the song, where we list every time played, should we notate when it was "Axilla I" vs "Axilla II", or a "Axilla II with Axilla I ending"?  i'm trying to keep it as simple as possible, but at the same time, as accurate as possible...
-Phish

jedifunk

yeah, especially since axilla pt I wasnt played all that much...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I think it's typically  Axilla or Axilla (Part II).  If Axilla has the Part II ending, put it in the notes.  There'd be a song page for each and they'd reference each other as would Fog and Taste, or BEK and Moma...

Good?

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Oh, as an explanation, It's Phish who names the songs so as I have been liking since the beginning, we should follow suit with Phish.

Jephrey.

ps...  I think Phish capitalizes Sample In A Jar, and I never have.  Shall we continue or update all of 2000?  Or do you guyst think non-caps for "In A" is good?
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Marmar

Check phish.com and look at a track list for that song......

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

jephrey

Ok, no problem, maybe I saw it on a Live Phish release or something  Axilla [Part II] is the actual, but I think we used parens instead of brackets.  Hmmm.

jephrey

tet

from phish.com on 7/18/03:   "Axilla I", yet 7/13/03 was just "Axilla". 

so, you tell me...   :?
-Phish

Marmar

Hmmm......

Ok....Make a blanket "Axilla" page, and have 2 subsections for Axilla I and Axilla II........

The same should hold true for anything with 2 versions of one song......like Sanity (fast vs. slow), The Curtain (with or without).......