News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Tag everything!

Started by tet, August 19, 2006, 10:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

i'm good with however you wanna do it...

so if its just first names cool... just let me know so i can work in that way.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

k, done.  /Trey_Anastasio will now redirect to /Trey.  so, we can use four-letter names for the 4 members of the band.  i think the others, such as Paul and Chris, should be full names.  so, talking about the guitars, they would be "[[Paul Languedoc|Languedoc]] custom guitars" - is that alright?  or should they be first-names also? 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

As in the other thread, I'd rather do the redirect the other way, and my opinion is that everyone else's name should be full.  But I'll take it any way.

j
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

well, the one advantage of the redirect the other way is that it will say "Trey Anastasio" on top of the page (redirected from "Trey"), as opposed to "Trey" with the next line below saying "Trey Anastasio". 

i don't mind doing it either way, but no matter what, I don't see any reason we should have to type the long, full names of the band members every time we want to tag, and with piped links.  it's much easier and cleaner to have a single redirect.  whether it be from Trey > Trey Anastasio or vice-versa, I don't care much either way.  But, we should pick one.

All other people, including Paul and Chris, will be full names.  Jeff too, I suppose.  Also, Dude of Life will be the Dude's full title, that OK with everyone?
-Phish

jephrey

Sounds good.  Redirect is fine.  You make a good point to the redirected from Trey, although it's a small peeve that that would show up when using an internal link.  It's not a big deal though  It's cool with me.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

ok, official names of their pages are now full names, i think we'll leave it that way.  all 4-letter names (Trey, Mike, Page, Fish) will redirect to the full pages.  for everyone else, it'll just be the full names.  this way, you just see the redirect from Trey, as opposed to "Trey" then "Trey Anastasio" directly below, which was ticking me off anyway.  so, i'll put up with the redirect, which shouldn't be much of a strain on the server.  i mean, we're not getting up to wikipedia popularity anyway, so i can't imagine that would be a huge issue. 
-Phish

disco

What about all of fish's names that are bound to pop up somewhere, does he have his own naming page.
Better yet, should we have a nicknames page (if we already have this, sorry) with all the mulitple nicknames that the boys have collected over the years

As for the other wikipedia stuff, to be honest, this is my first exposure to the wiki business. So the wiki has other pages that have general info, is that through emil's page or somewhere else?
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

jephrey

All the nicknames can go on each individual's page.  Nicknames can alway redirect to that person's page. 

J

PhishJY

I've been doing [[Fish|Henrietta]]
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

jedifunk

ok, i think we may have gone over this once already, but please refresh me...

are we going with:
- Also Sprach Zarathustra|2001 or just 2001
- Deer Creek Ampitheatre or Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre (same for things like the Knick/Pepsi arena)

- is it Peaches En Regalia?

thats it for now.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

btw, i have a [[Fish names]] page, since he has the most nicknames.  the rest can go on each person's page, like Cactus...

i think we're just doing 2001, which is easy since phish didn't play in 2001, but if we're going to be doing solo careers (i did add [[Trey solo]], btw), then perhaps just call it ASZ.   your call...

i say use the name of the venue at the time it was played, pipe in the "corporate" name when applicable, but the main page for each venue should just be the actual venue name.  otherwise, we'll need [[Verizon Wireless Ampitheater 1, 2, and 3]]
-Phish

jephrey

Yeah, 2001 (because Phish didn't play that year)  And we may have a trey solo part like tet suggests, but the year page might have trey in the title or be part of a category.

Like tet said, it's what it was at the time of the show.  But redirect the link to the most recent.  Redirect instead of pipe so it tells the user that they were redirected and they just don't end up somewhere that they're like how did I get here.  Also if a search is done, it'll automatically redirect as well.  The venues all have a city/state with them so there will be a few Verizon Amps but they'll each have a different name.  Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN will redirect to Verizon Wireless, Noblesville, IN (since that'll have all the venue data except the name and there's no Deer Crrek page anyhow)

I think en is lowercase, at least that's how I have it.

I personally think the Fishman nicknames should all go on his page, but if they're more like a list, then maybe its own is fine.  I don't know how much else is going to go on his bio page.

J

tet

Quote from: jephrey on August 21, 2006, 09:43:59 PM
I personally think the Fishman nicknames should all go on his page, but if they're more like a list, then maybe its own is fine.  I don't know how much else is going to go on his bio page.

J

i think the bios need to be one of the most accurate parts of the site, so, pretty complete is the objective.  nicknames, previous bands, side projects, marriages, chicks they've nailed at colleges (i've got one to add for Fish on that...), guestings with other bands, car they drive, instruments they play.  you name it.  if the wikipedia entry for anything phish is longer than anything we have on this site, we should be ashamed ;)
-Phish

jephrey

We will link to the Wikipedia as a side-note.  I haven't looked to see who wrote that entry though.  It'll be cool to link to their myspace sites too.

Jephrey

disco

I stumbled across a new tag for 12-31-93, Down With Disease Jam? There aren't any lyrics so it can't be labeled the same. Maybe it could link to the DWD page, and the page could list the 12-31-93 precursor jam and its purpose. I'll put this in the songs pages too as its appropriate for that too.

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you