News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Get Out The Vote!

Started by tet, November 02, 2008, 04:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyweigh5.0

I think I should have gone and did an early vote.  I'm going to have to take crutches with me tomorrow.  I did something to my foot recently and I'm not sure if I can stand very long on it
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

keeb333

I'll be getting in line as soon as I drop my daughter off at school in the morning.  Then, working from home so the day is not completely wasted!

tet

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on November 03, 2008, 07:07:09 PM
I think I should have gone and did an early vote.  I'm going to have to take crutches with me tomorrow.  I did something to my foot recently and I'm not sure if I can stand very long on it

they may let you to the front of the line, you should ask the supervisor when you get there.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sophist

Waiting in line def sucks, but its worth it. 

Quote from: Sophist on November 01, 2008, 01:26:56 PM
I voted yesterday morning.  I arrived at the voting center at 6:30am and was done by 8:45am.  I spent most of that time in 36 degree weather.

I def have a feeling of pride now that I put that effort into it. 

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Phunkaddict

Quote from: tet on November 02, 2008, 04:31:33 PM
... unless you're voting for McCain, that is... :evil:

it is CRUCIAL that we all do everything we can in these next couple days to make sure everyone who can vote, does!! 

over the past several days, I have been making hundreds of calls through my.barackobama.com , where they give you a script and some training videos along with endless lists of contacts in all of the battleground states.  i was very nervous when i first started but it really is extremely fun once i got into the groove of it.  it really has been amazing talking to voters across this country, hearing their stories...

while this election does appear to be headed towards an Obama victory, that will only happen if people GET OUT and VOTE!!!! 

so pick up a phone, or go door-to-door, or anything you can to make sure people VOTE!!! 

just go to my.barackobama.com  -  the sign-up is easy, the tools are even easier, and it is really the necessary final push we need to ensure a favorable outcome this Tuesday. 

BE ALL YOU CAN BE!! ®™

--Disclaimer: the views expressed by this user do not necessarily represent those of week4paug.net , its subsidiaries, or its sponsors.  :P
Thank you for the hard work. k+
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

jephrey

Home sick from work but I'll make the polls!  Line where I go is usually non-existent.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mattstick on November 03, 2008, 05:14:21 PM

As a Canadian, I've never voted on a machine, punched a chad or waited in line to vote.

I put an X in the circle next to the candidates name and I'm done.

I'm actually shocked at how embarrassing your voting process is...

Only in America. Remember Florida punch cards?
Voting machines is Holland are out BTW.  Some serious geeks (yes, I know them) proved that they can be hacked.

As for Obama - he is far too right wing in my book: supports the death penalty, no gay marriages allowed, and of course the all American madness about the right to carry a gun. Stiil, if the Dutch would have a vote: Obama would beat McCain 80-20.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

gah

I voted!   :banana: Someone get me a cookie! A doughnut will do!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

fastfingers12

I'll be hittin' the polls after my classes today. Just sucks I have to drive back to my hometown. Looks like I'll get a home cooked meal out of the deal though! Woooo!
That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

PIE-GUY

I love early voting. I took care of my civic duty early last week. It took all of 20 minutes.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

twatts

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 06, 2012, 11:42:38 AM
I love early voting. I took care of my civic duty early last week. It took all of 20 minutes.

It took us about an hour to vote...  But it was b/c we got to the polling place 45min. before they opened the doors...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gundo

Quote from: fastfingers12 on November 06, 2012, 11:40:54 AM
I'll be hittin' the polls after my classes today. Just sucks I have to drive back to my hometown. Looks like I'll get a home cooked meal out of the deal though! Woooo!
Gotta say man, I'm a little disappointed by your actions.

barnesy305

Just voted, it took three minutes, I feel as indifferent as before.

kellerb

Quote from: barnesy305 on November 06, 2012, 06:01:12 PM
Just voted, it took three minutes, I feel as indifferent as before.

you don't like stickers?