News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Program: NSA subverting democracy.

Started by Superfreakie, August 23, 2012, 12:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

phil

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 23, 2012, 12:01:31 PM
Watch the embedded video on the NYT page below. Should concern every American. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/opinion/the-national-security-agencys-domestic-spying-program.html?_r=3

Thanks for sharing. Scary stuff but glad it's getting some coverage.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

PIE-GUY

I love that they can listen through our "smart" phones even when we are not on a call.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

runawayjimbo

Fellow Americans,

Pay no attention to the paranoid Canadian. Rest assured our government has nothing but our best interest at heart. We should all express our supreme gratitude that our gracious leaders have the wisdom and courage to provide us with the all-encompassing safety that we enjoy today. Sacrificing a few minor "liberties" is but a small price to pay to live in a free and prosperous society in the 21st century. I have the utmost confidence that our dear leaders have our best interests at heart; you should too.

As for this meddling filmmaker in the article (if you can call her that), maybe she should mind her own business and stop making documentaries about subjects like the Iraq War and the NSA. The common man has not the intellect nor the necessity to understand such complex subjects as these. I would suggest if the filmmaker feels so harassed by the minor inconvenience of being questioned before she experiences the wonder of modern aviation she go back to knitting or making babies or whatever else she did before she decided to interfere with the noble work of our intelligence agencies and our military.

God bless America
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sls.stormyrider

scary stuff.
the fact is, much of that knowledge trickles down to the private sector. so, while I always have my iphone with me, I won't use any of the credit card apps, and only d/l apps that I really want / need.
lots of people know way too much stuff about us.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 23, 2012, 03:30:37 PM
Fellow Americans,

Pay no attention to the paranoid Canadian. Rest assured our government has nothing but our best interest at heart. We should all express our supreme gratitude that our gracious leaders have the wisdom and courage to provide us with the all-encompassing safety that we enjoy today. Sacrificing a few minor "liberties" is but a small price to pay to live in a free and prosperous society in the 21st century. I have the utmost confidence that our dear leaders have our best interests at heart; you should too.

As for this meddling filmmaker in the article (if you can call her that), maybe she should mind her own business and stop making documentaries about subjects like the Iraq War and the NSA. The common man has not the intellect nor the necessity to understand such complex subjects as these. I would suggest if the filmmaker feels so harassed by the minor inconvenience of being questioned before she experiences the wonder of modern aviation she go back to knitting or making babies or whatever else she did before she decided to interfere with the noble work of our intelligence agencies and our military.

God bless America

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

That's some good satire.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: sunrisevt on August 23, 2012, 08:24:03 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 23, 2012, 03:30:37 PM
Fellow Americans,

God bless America

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

That's some good satire.

I don't know what you are talking about.

Also, this story reminded me of a recent tweet from a Lebanese economist I follow:

Saifedean Ammous ‏@saifedean
15 year-old cousin just back from USA visit: "America is a communist country but Americans don't know it. They believe their government."
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.