News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/02/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by PIE-GUY, August 02, 2017, 11:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 03, 2017, 06:43:55 AM
Quote from: Insert Beer on August 03, 2017, 12:10:34 AM
Wait,  :phish: played the theme song from The Wire?

Having never watched The Wire, I'm offended that people keep referring to a GREAT Tom Waits song as "the theme song from The Wire".

Do people refer to those songs by The Who as 'The theme song from CSI:*insert city*"?

Agreed.
Tom Waits is the fucking king.

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 02, 2017, 11:38:41 PM
All I know is... the next time that band takes the stage I'll be in the fucking room!!!

Cannot wait.

This band is tapped right into the source right now.

aphineday

I downloaded this one for a second listen today on my flight, but I'll just say that my expectations of this relisten are pretty high. Incredible show.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

PIE-GUY

Trey's guitar tone for this is just perfect Tom Waits. So dirty. It sounds nothing like Trey. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard a tone like that out of a 'doc.

I kinda missed most of the tune last night as I finished up dinner. Glad it's still up.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

It's funny how a big jam like that 20-minute Mike's last night will seem standard because the bar is so high for Baker's Dozen.

anthrax

Thanks for the Mike's groove pieguy.  It was killer.  Bright white lights and tons of fog for an eerie religious tune out of a Mike's jam.  Yes please!

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on August 03, 2017, 11:14:22 AM
Thanks for the Mike's groove pieguy.  It was killer.  Bright white lights and tons of fog for an eerie religious tune out of a Mike's jam.  Yes please!

GFY

ph92

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 03, 2017, 11:58:36 AM

GFY
Nah, dude. That was your fault. YOU JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

PIE-GUY

Quote from: ph92 on August 03, 2017, 12:01:12 PM

GFY

Listen, punk. I don't want to hear ANYTHING from your newb ass.

Gumbo72203

So that was a lot of fun!  But also likely the sloppiest show of the Bakers Dozen.  Fishman had multiple gaffes, and Trey forgot how to play Wingsuit lol.  Page messed up Guyute too haha, that was surprising.  All good though.... it was loose mistakes, because they're having fun up there.  But it was noticeable for me how many off notes were played. 

Also, ORIGINAL MIKES RETURNS!!!!!  They played the tramps chords only twice before shifting to F!  just like the original!  And man, that jam was sweet.  I thought they were bringing back the Cypress fog at the end there, haha.  Also, longest Taste by a significant margin.  That Taste was so great.  A couple times towards the end I thought they were going to come back to it but they didn't. 

Which brings me to a slight gripe i've been having with Phish.net and the setlists.....  nothing is getting notated as unfinished!  So many unfinished songs this run.  Taste, 46 Days, Moma, B&B, ASIHTOS, MFMF...  etc. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

ph92

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 03, 2017, 12:02:16 PM

GFY

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard Well you're gonna have to put up with me for 3 days.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

cactusfan

Cool Taste, though it really stops being Taste pretty early in that jam. I was of course curious to hear if this would be the first 3.0 Taste where they didn't tank the ending, but they solved that problem: no Taste ending! Preferable to screwing it up, but still, I'd love to hear a Taste ending nailed some day.

gah

Quote from: mattstick on August 03, 2017, 10:56:51 AM

It's funny how a big jam like that 20-minute Mike's last night will seem standard because the bar is so high for Baker's Dozen.

Seriously. But they're the ones that raised the bar! Not us, and that's whats making this all so great. People might have had expectations, like the no repeats thing, and that would've been cool enough, but the fact that they're bringing the jams, and that any song can open up a portal into another universe on a nightly basis is....just ....geez man. Like hicks said, It's a good time to be a phan.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ph92 on August 03, 2017, 12:08:07 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 03, 2017, 12:02:16 PM

GFY

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard Well you're gonna have to put up with me for 3 days.

Somebody needn't bother with the round trip ticket...

Quote from: cactusfan on August 03, 2017, 12:14:58 PM
Cool Taste, though it really stops being Taste pretty early in that jam. I was of course curious to hear if this would be the first 3.0 Taste where they didn't tank the ending, but they solved that problem: no Taste ending! Preferable to screwing it up, but still, I'd love to hear a Taste ending nailed some day.

Of course it stops being Taste... that's the definition of Type II jams!

That having been said, this show is good shit. The first set is reasonably well played with great energy and solid song selection.
Set two? Out-fucking standing.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.