News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

30 Days of Dead

Started by nab, November 01, 2010, 12:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nab

http://www.dead.net/node/16757

QuoteWe're on a mission to make a miracle every day. As a token of our appreciation for making 2010 an epic year, we're giving away a high-quality 320Kbps download every day this November. That's 30 days of Dead! Intrigued? We're also going to put your knowledge to the test and give you the chance to win some great music from the Dead.
                                                     + More Info
You know your Ables from your Bakers from your C's, but can your finely tuned ears differentiate the cosmic "comeback" tour from a spacey 70's show? Each day we'll post a free download from one of the Dead's coveted shows. Will it be from that magical night at Madison Square Garden in '93 or from way back when they were just starting to warm it up at Winterland? Is that Pigpen's harmonica we hear? Brent on keys? Step right up and try your hand.

Each day, the first person to guess the venue & date correctly will get a Road Trips of their choice. If you're not first but you've answered correctly, you will also be automatically entered for a weekly prize of THE WARNER BROTHERS STUDIO ALBUMS VINYL BOX (EXCLUSIVE EDITION) or a FORMERLY THE WARLOCKS boxed set. Log in now and enter to win!                                                    - Less Info

Welcome, !   Today's song is:

New Speedway Boogie

download this song

The first person to guess the venue & date correctly will get a Road Trips of their choice. You may enter once per day. Answer correctly and you'll also be automatically entered for a weekly prize. If you've already won once during this promotion, please be kind and give others the opportunity.

Select the Venue, Month, Day & Year you think this performance is from and press "Submit".
We haven't selected a daily winner yet. The first person to answer correctly will get to pick a Road Trips of their choice. To get started, login or register using the form above.
We haven't selected a winner for the week of 11/1 yet!
If you like this tune, check out another version on...

$23.98
Road Trips Vol. 3 No. 3

Visit the Dead.net store

* Login or register to post com

Interesting

gainesvillegreen

Nice, thanks for heads up nab  :clap:
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

rowjimmy

susep

ytowndan

I would totally fail at this game, but thanks for the heads up!  :clap:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Multibeast12

Quote from: ytowndan on November 01, 2010, 05:28:56 PM

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 01, 2010, 12:29:30 PM
Cool.

Thanks.

sounds 1970 - can't do any better than that as far as nailing it down
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

TimberLodge

very cool,  :clap:

thanks for the info

:syf: :smoke: :syf:

nab

Quote from: ytowndan on November 01, 2010, 05:28:56 PM

Fortunately none of us have to worry about failing at getting a free 320 mp3 from the vault everyday for the next month.

susep

Quote from: nab on November 01, 2010, 08:26:19 PM

Fortunately none of us have to worry about failing at getting a free 320 mp3 from the vault everyday for the next month.

:clap:

rowjimmy

Quote from: susep73 on November 01, 2010, 08:55:49 PM

Funny you should phrase it that way...

Here's the description of yesterday's track:
QuoteNew Speedway Boogie
Fillmore East, NY, NY- 9/20/70

This is one of the acoustic/electric hybrid versions of this Workingman’s Dead classic. Although not residing in the Grateful Dead’s master tape collection, this was drawn from the tapes recorded by the Fillmore East crew.

sls.stormyrider

I have that show.
epic acoustic set with Grisman guesting on FOTD
iirc, when the tapes hit circ, they were badly damaged.
seems like another (good) copy exists.

a future release, one can only hope

edit to add - this isn't the 1st time a separate tape recorded by the FE crew surfaced. Much of 2/11/70 was thought to have been missing.
I'm still waiting for a hidden copy of ABB 6/26/71
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

nab

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 02, 2010, 08:17:16 AM
Quote from: susep73 on November 01, 2010, 08:55:49 PM

Funny you should phrase it that way...

Here's the description of yesterday's track:
QuoteNew Speedway Boogie
Fillmore East, NY, NY- 9/20/70

This is one of the acoustic/electric hybrid versions of this Workingman's Dead classic. Although not residing in the Grateful Dead's master tape collection, this was drawn from the tapes recorded by the Fillmore East crew.

dead.netd'

tet

goddammit, i got the email yesterday but of course fail'd to remember to download it.  can anyone help me out?

monday'd
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mattstick

I'm hoping to just wait until 30 days are up, then hopefully someone uploads it all.