News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fox News: At it again

Started by VDB, April 19, 2012, 11:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Haha, his hand looks impossibly tiny in that photo. My goodness.
Is this still Wombat?

ytowndan

Quote from: VDB on February 08, 2018, 08:02:22 PM
Haha, his hand looks impossibly tiny in that photo. My goodness.

Holy crap, it does!   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Forced perspective is actually enlarging the hand relative to his pumpkin head.

sls.stormyrider

apparently there was an editorial on Fox titled the new Olympic motto - darker, grayer, different.
Fortunately, they took it down. 
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

Quote from: slslbs on February 13, 2018, 11:20:29 AM
apparently there was an editorial on Fox titled the new Olympic motto - darker, grayer, different.
Fortunately, they took it down.

You meant "Gayer" not "Grayer" but yeah. It was pretty despicable.

https://deadspin.com/fox-news-vp-bemoans-diverse-olympic-team-darker-gaye-1822842926
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/05/media/fox-news-philadelphia-eagles-kneeling/index.html

QuoteFox News apologized Tuesday after receiving a torrent of criticism over the network's use of photos of various players for the Philadelphia Eagles kneeling in prayer, creating the misleading impression that they were demonstrating during the national anthem.
The photos ran during a segment on Monday night, after President Trump announced that he had uninvited the reigning Super Bowl champions from a traditional visit to the White House.

As Fox News anchor Shannon Bream explained Trump's decision, which he attributed to the anthem protests that have roiled the league, photos of Eagles players kneeling in prayer were shown on screen.

One of the players pictured, Eagles tight end Zach Ertz, forcefully denounced the network in a tweet on Tuesday morning.

"This can't be serious.... Praying before games with my teammates, well before the anthem, is being used for your propaganda?! Just sad, I feel like you guys should have to be better than this...," Ertz said.

Fox News showed pictures of Eagles players while discussing NFL protests. The player pictured here was kneeling for prayer.
Christopher Wallace, the executive producer of Bream's program, issued an apology for the error on Tuesday.

"During our report about President Trump canceling the Philadelphia Eagles trip to the White House to celebrate their Super Bowl win, we showed unrelated footage of players kneeling in prayer," Wallace said. "To clarify, no members of the team knelt in protest during the national anthem throughout regular or post-season last year. We apologize for the error."

The network's Twitter account also posted video of the segment, which was deleted after Fox issued its apology.

The network did air other segments showing players for other teams actually kneeling during the anthem. No one on the Eagles' 2017-18 regular season roster knelt during the anthem.

Other members of the pro-Trump media apparatus came in for criticism from members of the Eagles team that won Super Bowl LII over the New England Patriots in February.

Charlie Kirk, a right-wing activist and Fox News regular, had a back-and-forth with former Eagles wide receiver Torrey Smith, now with the Carolina Panthers, after Kirk tweeted, "If you refuse to stand for the national anthem you have no business being honored at the White House or by our President."

After Smith pointed out that "no one on the Eagles took a knee last season," Kirk tweeted a photo of cornerback Ron Brooks kneeling during a preseason game last August. Brooks was later released by the team, and did not play for the Eagles in the regular season.

The flap marks another chapter in Trump's ongoing feud with the country's most popular sports league over the anthem demonstrations that began in 2016 with former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

NFL owners approved a new policy governing the pregame ritual last month, requiring players to stand during the anthem if they are on the field. Trump offered tepid approval of the change, but insisted that all players should be on the sideline during the playing of the national anthem.
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sls.stormyrider

so it comes as no surprise that the headline on the Fox website today was Illegal Immigrant Accused in Molly Tibbets case.

The Cohen and Manafort proceedings appear about 1/2 way down.

:roll:

mbw

birdman

Quote from: mbw on March 31, 2019, 09:54:15 AM

im sure this was done intentionally. Fox knows who their audience is.
Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

Once again, the hypocrisy of Fox is out in the open. Tweets from their hosts to Mark Meadows telling Trump to stop the Capital riot. They continue to deny it was an issue and aren't event covering the story. People who get info from Fox exclusively aren't hearing about these messages. Hannity described the hearings as a hyperpartisan committee with a pre determined end point. Not to mention Tucker Carslson.

Just when you think they hit bottom, they go even deeper.

mistercharlie

QuoteOnce again, the hypocrisy of Fox is out in the open. Tweets from their hosts to Mark Meadows telling Trump to stop the Capital riot. They continue to deny it was an issue and aren't event covering the story. People who get info from Fox exclusively aren't hearing about these messages. Hannity described the hearings as a hyperpartisan committee with a pre determined end point. Not to mention Tucker Carslson.

Just when you think they hit bottom, they go even deeper.

Those fuckers toss dynamite at 'Rock Bottom' to make it go deeper. Fox is the downfall of a civilized America.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.